New Car!

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Hi all,

Just put a deposit down on my new car, should be picking up tomorrow when they have carried out a few things I wanted sorted, getting the all the brakes changed all round being the major issue.

As usual I'll keep ya guessing :p all I'll say is it's bloody quick (Y)

Sam and I have the day off tomorrow to pick mine up and also get Sam a new car as her VTR is on it's last legs so to speak.

Kev

lol! :p

Well the Glanza is now all stripped down for the pick up on Sunday. I've had to remove all my audio that I will be probably putting up for sale soon if anyones interested?

Kev

Sorry Alan, the guys picking it up this Sunday and it's going complete minus all my audio.

To be honest you could make one easily with samco and some metal joiners :)

Kev

you should get a pulsar, same size with more fun :D

got some details on the audio? not that i have any money lol

link to my blog

http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/22114-Kev-s-Glanza-V-Blog-updated-23.06.09

Alpine Headunit with DVD player £150 - in perfect condition

Rainbow 6.5" Front components - £50 - 1 tweater stopped working, I didn't have time to check for a fix due to having to remove them, hence the price (cost new £300) The sound quality is superb!

Genesis Profile 4 - £50 - Has been repaired once due to blowing a channel, has to be wired slightly differently but all channels work, again hence the price ( cost new £300)

Genesis Sub Amp - £100 - In perfect working order produces easily 500w rms, but remember that's Genesis quality and can produce more!

I'll do a proper for sale ad once I get time, I can also bring all this to JAE.

Kev (Y)

Kev ill have the head unit (what model number?). :) and the profile 4...

Thanks Ed! (Y)

Headunit is the CVA-1004R

I have the all the wiring andthink I have the manual somewhere as well.

I'll bring them with me to JAE.

Kev

btw I picked up my new car today,

Brakes changed all round as promised, drives well and I think i've got a right bargain.

It's a 2001 plate, done 63k, 2 owners, completely standard and all for £2990 and you'll have to wait until JAE to see what it is :p

Kev

haha lol! :p

Well at least this year i won't have any problems getting everything in the car for JAE :upside:

Glanza has now gone :(

Sold for 1.5k on the back of a low loader, my god have I lost some money on that car. If the head wasn't cracked and blown manifold I could have got between 2.5-3k for it :(

Oh well, onwards and upwards.

Unfortunately my car has developed a fault already...........typical! I went over a speed bump at normal speeds, heard a loud clunk come from the passenger side front and now on full lock it clunks almost all of the time when going to the left.

What ever it is, it should be covered under the warranty, it's just the hassle I didn't need on the build up to JAE.

Other then that, it's not missed a beat so far :)

Kev

Kev you don't have much luck with cars do you! A new manifold on the Glanza would have cost you £200! I even have a spare CT9 one if you needed it. Hope you get it sorted though mate

To be honest Alan the Glanza has had it's day, it was fun while it lasted so to speak, but when getting back in the Glanza today to move it off the drive from driving my new car it felt terrible lol!

Yes I know a manifold would have been £200, but another £150 on a second hand head, £100 on consumables plus Ian's labour to strip down the head, change the manifold and put on the new head on would have put me near £700 and the gearbox I had changed wasn't quite right too, I just couldn't justify spending that much on a 1996 car that has done near 90,000 miles.

The issue with my new car should be an easy fix and covered under the warranty, just annoying more then anything!

sounds like a CV joint has gone on your car,

i am guessing your new car is a 1966 ford futura batmobile!

We are picking up Sam's new car on Wednesday.

The Saxo is being traded in for a 2004 C2 VTR, fully loaded with almost all the extra optional packs citroen do, only done 39,000, drives like new and it's basically nearly in showroom condition and all for only £3195 including the Saxo.

The SensoDrive is actually very good with the option to drive in automatic or with the triptronic gearbox just a push to go up or down and then you have the flappy padals on the steering wheel that are actually quite responsive.

Mine is going in on Wednesday for a new CV boot and top mounts replaced, I was hoping to get a few bits fitted this week, but with how busy I am they'll have to wait.

Looking forward to our next Santa Pod meet, should be running late 15's possibly a little less depending on what parts I get fitted (Y)

Kev

The problem was in fact a snapped spring, it went when going over a speed bump, bloody typical I have the car a matter of days and a spring goes.

It must have gone near the top of the strut, because I jacked it up and got underneath it and the spring looked fine.

Had the CV boot replaced as well and the top mounts for good measures with new tyres on the back.

When I'm back from JAE I'm going to get it over to Steve at Barwell and sort out the bodywork issues.

On a plus side Ian my mechanic says the engine runs great the turbo is in good condition.

See ya at JAE ;)

Kev

finally some images.....

Thought I'd better upload some images of my new car, I know many of you know what it is now from JAE, but anyway....

It's a Seat Leon Cupra 1.8 20v Turbo 180bhp, picked it up about a week before JAE and the Glanza went a few days after. So far it's been a dream, so comfortable to drive with bags of power when you need it the torque on this thing is just nuts.

Overall it's very rough bodywork wise, but interior and engine is almost perfect. I think the previous owner put it through a car wash which has damaged the paint work on certain panels, it may get resprayed, but for now I'm far too busy for the car to be off the road and I'm not too bothered about it right now.

No real plans for the car at the moment, sure I have ideas, but unless I get it resprayed I'll probably keep it for few years and get something else, once our family business sells and I work from home I won't need a daily driver, so who knows what I'll end up with..... a weekend car..... maybe ;)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

I have refurbed the wheels back to almost perfect factory finish, took hours of cleaning and polishing....

4.jpg

Love the Cupra badge!

5.jpg

As you can see the interior is in good condition, the seats are very comfortable and supportive.

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

20.jpg

Absolutely Huge Boot!

10.jpg

11.jpg

Exhaust surround panel is a bit rough, I've fixed it as best as I can.

12.jpg

Company Logo :p

13.jpg

sticker cleverly placed to cover up a poor bit of bodywork :blush:

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

Very nice Kev (Y) didn't the Exhaust surround panel actually fall of at JAE, when you were showing us all the car.:p

lol yes it did, one of the clips / bracket had snapped off, which I've managed to fix, it just doesn't sit quite right due to the plastic being warped.

Back