New car: "Frenchie"

CMF_NissTrust

» CMF Member
Hey Guys, about a year ago i was lurking on these forums as i was about to buy a Micra.. Super S, but alas things dident work out, so i went euro, and decided to team up with a Frenchie... so thus i brought a Renault Clio Sport, as i definately wanted a hot hatch.. and all the reviews for these cars had been great, but i'm still always fond of the Micra's
So here it is in all its glory..
Cheers
320839733_aecb45cb45.jpg

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
They are a fantastic car - great buy. Certainly on anyones shortlist of hot hatches. I'd say they would make a great used car buy with an initially high depreciation. There's one that competes locally in Motorkhanas and my aim is to beat him with the Micra once it's finished (as well as anyone else I can!).

CMF_NissTrust

» CMF Member
yep i run semi slicks on the car as an everyday tyre :) however i only drive the car on weekends, and occasionally on weekday evenings, as i catch a train to and from work.

semis are so noisy but boy once they warm up.. they car feels likes its on rails!

from a hot hatch point of view the car is brilliant, its got every creature comfort needed, i have also done a number of little mods to the car as well, such as camber bolts, swaybar, intake filter, exhaust, port match manifold and a unichip :)

Nissanmania goodluck beating him, i'm sure your car will be up to it..

Here is a dyno graph of my latest run after install a unichip and ported manifold:
*image quality not too good, but you get the picture.
rscdynorop.jpg

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
I just looked more closely at your photo and noticed the semi-slicks. Awesome! They will make for fantastic handling but how does it go in the wet? I know mine can get a bit dicey if there's standing water on the road.

I'd love to get 100Kw at the wheels from my N/A Micra! Only a dream!

CMF_NissTrust

» CMF Member
Yes in the wet, i drive extremely carefully.. caution is always thrown to the wind.
yeah i'm almost pushing 100kw at the wheels, not quite there yet.. need a set of cams to free up the top end..

In your case nissanmania, as long as you strip the micra to bare bones, and get the best power to weight ratio, your car will be a formidable weapon on any tight circuit or twisty mountain range, thats for sure!

CMF_NissTrust

» CMF Member
ah yeah btw my list of mods so far:
2.5inch exhaust system, with metalcat and magnaflow muffler
Unichip ECU
Green Cotton Air Filter and intake hose
Match ported inlet manifold
Whiteline Camber bolts
Whiteline Rear sway bar
Brembo slotted rotors
Pagid blue pads
Goodrigdge braided lines
Falken Azenis semi slicks

CMF_NissTrust

» CMF Member
hey Lam, i brought the car totally stock as a rock.. :)
and incrementally made some little changes over the last year.
I had a leaking exhaust so i replaced that in its entirety, had issues with the way it handled so replaced that, brakes were worn out so changed them accordingly, basically i did what needed to be done :) hehehe if you know what i mean...

CMF_NissTrust

» CMF Member
Dont get me wrong.. i think the wording of that last post was taken out of context.. they were my excuses in order to do the mod that i did.. my way of justifying it all :) Its been a trouble free ride for me!

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
that dyno graph is confusing me. how is it possible to get over 400nm.
is that a 2.0 turbo diesel you have? we dont have that in the clio in uk. but in the megane it makes 150bhp as standard and 340nm. so i guess you have a version of that in the clio..?

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
never believe the torque values on a dyno, only true way to measure torque is through a proper engine dyno, different gears will give you different torque values. also the load set on the dyno as well.

CMF_NissTrust

» CMF Member
hehehe its actually torque measured in terms tractive effort, at the wheels. Try multiplying the figure by 0.33 to get what you are after taking into consideration drive train loss etc etc..

The biggest contributor to the increased torque and power was the inlet matched manifold and port that i did, in combination with the unichip.. which i think is equal to the UK brand SMT6 ECU's that are out there.

Back