Never Again

Baz

Ex. Club Member
Had a problem with fuel gauge on the st sometimes working when I'm stopped,so I took the tank down,removed the fuel pump and the contact on the float was'nt touching against the electronic board on the side of the fuel pump so was'nt reading on the gauge on the dash pretty much 100% of the time.

So sorted that out,tested it,lobbed the pump back in the tank,refitted the tank and started fine,ran her for a few mins to warm up and went for a drive,everything grand till I put the foot down died a death just would'nt go on boost.

So nursed it home,back up on 2 axle stands,removed the tank. . . AGAIN. . . fuel pump out just clean around the pickup,put everything back together and started it. . . .grand job.until I revved it, it began to splutter and miss but gradually got smoother until I heard a nice clean rev with a hint of supercharger.Road test. . . . A1!! just finished now,I'm wide awake

lol, big deal over nothing hahaha. I have taken my tank off before to change the pump, didnt have any of these problems however :) lol amazing that somone fiddled with it to cause this however!!!!

Ed

HAHAHA - Good to hear you've got her back on the road. I hate it went a job lasts most of the evening - and It's always the "simple" jobs...

I cud'nt understand it I reckon it was a bit of dirt though

The joys of motoring. . . and a bit more experience under the belt

Back