More Talk Of Manifolds

M

mr.grassie

Ok, heres the problem.

There are loads of us out there, who are either running a turbo, or want to run a turbo. but are either having problems with or are scared away because of having to make there own exhaust manifold.

I know it gave me the fear, and i know mine is sapping horsies, that could be used.

Same story with the downpipe, DIY again, and no doubt wasting power.

Well, I have a cunning plan.

I am running a garrett T2, which has the same exhaust inlet flange size as a t25 and t28 (cool eh?) well, I was wondering what i could use from any of the cars that commonly use either of these.

The s13 200sx (or 180sx overseas) uses a t25 as standard on the ca18det engines. so i looked it up on our old auction friend EBAY. there is a company called SS Autochrome that make the most beutyfull manifold ive ever seen. downpipe looks good too. check it out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Turb...33632QQitemZ8012545448QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD2V

Ok i know it will fit the turbo fine, but what about the head side. Well, it souldnt be that difficult to cut the 200sx flange off, and weld on one that would fit the micra.

Oh yea, the manifold and down pipe are as cheap as iv ever seen.

any input?

U may have to rebend or add to the pipes to get thm closer to gether to be a perfect fit for the micra, any difference between the two will hinder performance. U are better speaking to AAS (I think that are their name) in newcastle and they can quite likely custom make u a new manifold to take the turbo addition.

Im hoping to get an ssautochrome for the almera in the next few weeks.

I havent personally but a lot of the AOC lads have and they recommend them above powerflow, steve naylor had his exhaust done thru them, and a few others have had full systems and custom manifolds made thru them also

A.A.S Advanced Automative Systems are at:

Unit 19 Mercia Way,
Bells Close Ind Est.
Newcastle
NE15 6UF

0191 2673718

aye cheers neil, ive been meaning to phone them for ages now, need some prices in the not to distant future.

Good to know they are recommended :)

the 200sx ports will definatly be wider than a CG's head so it will have to be cut and rewelded to a CG flange, the downpipe however will be direct fit on youre t2 but be warned that it will be pointing diffrently to youre standard downpipe as its meant for a rwd setup. youre better off for a downpipe getting one meant for a GTIR

ive heard of thoes ss autochrome ones cracking but its worth it for the price i suppose

thanks, ill speak to the guys in newcastle, and see what they say.

failing that ill let you know how i get on.

i thought you could weld?,,have you thought about a janspeed modded to fit the turbo to?

or wont this work

Back