Need info about Micra/March ANK11 !

nik0lai

Club Member
Hi there.

I've considering buying a Nissan March ANK11 4wd.
But after a little searching on google, I've read some places that the ANK11 has electric rwd, and det CGA3DE eninge only powers the front wheel.

I thought this only was on K12, but can someone tell me for real, how the 4x4 in ANK11 realy is/works?

If it an electric RWD, I rather take my old FWD K11,
and mount an complete gti-r setup on it.

the 4wd drive system is 2 electric motors on the rear wheels designed to kick in when the sense the rear wheels losing traction, the cube has the same thing as an optional extra on earlier models couldnt tell you what engine it is but i believe its a cg13......... though i may be wrong

Is there any differenses that makes the ANK11 easyer to make a real 4x4, then the normal fwd k11?
I'm dreaming of an micra 4x4 gti-r .. I've got a complete pulsar gti-r i can use.

my knowledge is very limited tbh but i think your best option would be to use the gti-r to do it but i sure there are others thatll be able to give more information

Sorry for my bad english, bot what you're saying is that you think the easyest thing is to use a normal fwd k11,
and then use (chassis)parts from the gti-r?

Sorry for my bad english, bot what you're saying is that you think the easyest thing is to use a normal fwd k11,
and then use (chassis)parts from the gti-r?

the 4 wheel drive micras are rare so you would be lucky to find one, and yea they are electric driven on the rear wheels, but they do have a lot of space cleared out for the motors, so that would make it easier to fit a Diff and some rear wheel drive stuff in there.

the pulsar should fit, but understand it is a lot of work, the pulsar has a bigger wheel base so every driveshaft will have to be replaced, and you need some serious fabrication in the back end of things or else you will be ripping the chassis in two

It's not that rare in japan. Took me about 5 minutes to find my and ANK11 on an auctions. Shipping is no problem.

But the car will cost about 3.000 GBP shipped to me in Norway. Is it worth it?
For that amount of money I could cut out the "rear setup" on my old micra k11,
and replace it with the same rear setup on my pulsar gti-r "part-car" ..

I'm trying to find some better under-car pictures of a marck ank11, but that's not easy.

i wouldnt say it was worth it £3000 is a lot of my to cut up, id use your old micra to cut up.... but it all depends on time, money and knowledge

I've been reading something on different forums, but there is no sure answers about the rwd on the ank11.
Someone says that the ank11 has a electric rwd, and the cga3de engine only powers the fwd.

But someone says that the cga3de engine powers both the front and rear wheels ..

Can someone say FOR SURE what's right? Is it a real 4WD, or is it an e-4wd as in the cube and the K12 micras?

No need to feel silly Karlj, it wasn't easy to find the info. But I have a friend that works at the local Nissan dealer here i Kristiansand, Norway,
that got an JDM parts catalog with all the info in..

And then I got a seller in Japan to take som more pictures of an march ank11 he got for sale.
I tried to put the pictures in here, but the post never came up.

But I've uploaded the pictures to my own server now, so if you copy this link, you will find the pictures:
public.boroe.net/index.php?dir=ank11

Now I think I'm going to buy a ank11, found one that i can get for only $2000, incl. shipping to norway.

I hope I don't need to cut it up, but I fear that the original rear diff, and drivetrain i to weak for and 3-400bhp engine.
So I belive I need to find a way to mount another rear setup, hopefuly from an pulsar gti-r ..

where abouts are you in Norway?

if you do get one try to fit the pulsar dif and drive system in there without cutting anything out. i really want one of those now!

This was something i was thinking about only last week haha...but for making one rwd rather than 4wd. Will look over the pics you've got see whats what. :)

where abouts are you in Norway?

if you do get one try to fit the pulsar dif and drive system in there without cutting anything out. i really want one of those now!
I'm living in a little town called "Søgne", 15km east from Kristiansand.
Of course I will try to get the gti-r setup mountet without cutting anything. But I think i need to fabricate something custom to get it to fit.

This was something i was thinking about only last week haha...but for making one rwd rather than 4wd. Will look over the pics you've got see whats what. :)
I was at first also thinking of making one rwd, but since this car is so short,
I fear it would be hopeless in both drifting and timeattack I think, couse it would easily spinn.. But would be awsome, but then you should rearmount the engine as well.

ah so you are just west of where i am then,

yep i think you will have to fabricate some mounts that go from the original mounting points to the one on the pulsar, and obviously a shorter prop shaft. if you get an ANK11 be sure to get lots of pics! i am really interested to see how this setup has been done, i am wondering if the floor plate could be transfered to my cabriolet!

You got an k11 cab? is that cold new in sweden? or is it imported? where do you live?

the cab came from the UK, got it in Wales but it was imported from japan, they were only ever in japan so its right hand drive. i live little north of Gothenburg near Kungälv

tbh they really aren't that interesting i've had my licence for 5yrs now, but the rear wheel steering makes life so much easier almost 180 degree turn so you can imagine the turning circle would be interesting to see the same sort of setup on a car

tbh they really aren't that interesting i've had my licence for 5yrs now, but the rear wheel steering makes life so much easier almost 180 degree turn so you can imagine the turning circle would be interesting to see the same sort of setup on a car

Think there would be plenty of crashes lol

parallel parking would be a lot easier the only thing you'd have to get use to is small movements when moving at speed look at the old 4 wheel steering accord ( i think it was the accord)

I've tried the "4 wheel steering" on Skyline and 300zx, and I can't say I noticed any big differenses.
And most people remove it when they are builing track cars..

I've also tried a car with "real" 4 whell steering. That was realy hard. It was two fiesta front-ends
welded together, and the steering on both sides was linked.

Haven't got the car yet. It's just bought i Japan. Going to be shipped soon from japan, and will arrive in Norway in the start of 2011 i hope..

Haven't got the car yet. It's just bought i Japan. Going to be shipped soon from japan, and will arrive in Norway in the start of 2011 i hope..

i would love to see that car in person! ever wanted a road trip to Gothenburg?

because of the work you would be doing to this car, would you make it left hand drive as well? you would only have to change the firewall to do that.

Well. I'm not planing any tour to Gothenburg at the moment, but I'm hoping to get the march to the Mantorp racetrack.
But that is YEARS from now. But I'm going to pick up the car i Drammen i january i think.
If your interested, we could meet, and you could get a look of the car before I start stripping it info pieces.

And yes, I'm going to make is LHD aswell. I've got a complete norwegian k11 standing here waiting to be a donor.
And the pulsar rnn14 gti-r is coming in the early spring i think.

Well. I'm not planing any tour to Gothenburg at the moment, but I'm hoping to get the march to the Mantorp racetrack.
But that is YEARS from now. But I'm going to pick up the car i Drammen i january i think.
If your interested, we could meet, and you could get a look of the car before I start stripping it info pieces.

And yes, I'm going to make is LHD aswell. I've got a complete norwegian k11 standing here waiting to be a donor.
And the pulsar rnn14 gti-r is coming in the early spring i think.

sorry for the late reply, i would love to see this car of yours, i had an idea about putting the floor pan from one of those in my cabriolet and having 4wd as well.

Here is some pictures of the car:
IMGP7879.JPG

IMGP7880.JPG

IMGP7881.JPG

IMGP7882.JPG

IMGP7883.JPG

IMGP7884.JPG

IMGP7885.JPG

IMGP7886.JPG

IMGP7887.JPG

IMGP7888.JPG

IMGP7889.JPG

IMGP7890.JPG

IMGP7891.JPG

IMGP7892.JPG

IMGP7893.JPG

IMGP8019.JPG

IMGP8020.JPG

IMGP8021.JPG

IMGP8022.JPG

IMGP8023.JPG

IMGP8024.JPG

Here is a picture of car when I was picking up the car on the dock:
2010.12.30_paa_hengeren.jpg

And here is my son finding some new parts for my car:
ulrik_holder_ank11_stabstag.jpg

For more info, see my prosject thread on the Nissan Car Club Norway forum:
http://www.nccn.no/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19446

wow, it's 4wd and it's equipped with the CVT! can u post a pic of the cvt lever? it looks different from the "T" shape i've always seen... the only different lever shape I know it's the one on the Supermarch in taiwan, and i would like very much to change my T lever with that one

Yeah, no problem. Almost everything on this car is going to be sold, just the chassis I'm going to use, and make an March ANK11 GTiR.

The second button is marked "S", and activate an "Sport" light in the instrumentcluster..
But I can't say that I noticed any big different.

great work, like i said on the other site i would love to see this in real life!

Back