Need help with lights.

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
Since I put my new bulbs in I have noticed that my lights are way too high. Blinding other drivers.
I'm not sure if it's the bulbs themselves (which are a bit longer) or the allignment.

My question is: what's it gunna cost to fix? And no I don't wanna do it myself lol.

I've tried that, it definitely only goes in one way. I need to go buy some standard bulbs to see if it's the bulb itself.

Anyone know what it'll cost roughly to get them adjusted?

Cant you do it yourself? Park in front of a garage and point the lights at it. You will then hopefully see they are pointing too high, so you'll be able to adjust them lower by turning the lower screw on the headlamps.

Sorry, really bad description.

sounds like its the bulbs really, but do as turtle has said, its a good method to do it. not sure on price...

olly

the length of the bulbs will affect the focus only, are you sure they are sitting in the socket fully ?

I will check again later, gotta work now lol. I did have a slight parking incident could this have knocked alignment out?

I need to align my lights, may as well give it a bash myself..

Where should the lights be on the garage/wall whatever? Is there a certain height, distance away from each other etc?

unless you have some idea of what the beam should look like and where it should be.
a garage shouldnt charge much more than a tenner providing the screws turn!

That's the problem, haven't a clue where they should be, I'd probably make it worse. I'll let a garage do it.

Yeh it helps if one of the lights is in alignment then you can just set the other to roughly the same height.

My MOT man normally does this sort of thing for free when he MOT's it.

Back