Need custom Dials for my K10

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jonn4y

Hi Guys,
Im fairly new here and im wanting to get my hands on some custom dials for my k10 since the original black ones are plain and boring. anyone know where i can pick any up?

any info is much appriciated.

cheers
Jon

there is a company in germany on ebay that do them for the marhc if i recall

i just made my own and had them printed on to photoquality paper.

definatly made for an inbteresting drive and dmade a nice thread too.lol

14-dials.JPG

I believe the german ones come in Kph though.

Try scanning the originals in to get the correct size, then modify the digits, colours etc to your own pattern, then like quicky says, print them off! Make sure the paper isnt too thick, otherwise the dial lights wont shine through the paper.

They are well easy to make, just make sure you dont mess with the movment of the numbers in it you dont want your speed cocking up. Quickdraws only took a few hours to make, if i can find the orginal i could make you some up if you wish

please that would be great.
if you do find the originals please send them my way so i can have a go at making some aswell..
cheers

id be ionterested in the originals please bit a chopper (photoshopper) so would be fun to have a got at some dials

quicksilver i had a looka t my dials and mine are different to yours my k10 is a LS model so the temp and petrol gauges are on the right hand side with just the speedomitor on the right.. if anyone has the originals scanned in somewhere please post them here.

thanks in advance guys.

mine did mate.
it just thats the way i scanned them in
i had to cut each one and then from there section them to the correct place.
as dan says h made me my original ones from some he scanned in.
then from them i played a bit and got some on photo paper

ok and does the light shine through ok? cos ive found out today how to actually get the speedo out and i found out by accident lol.

but tonight ive got to build a new server for my web hosting company so tomorrow im gonna try n scan them in

im gonna scan em in tonight dude then i will post a link to the scan.

the files are too large to upload here so i placed em on my server if you wanna see them and use them as templates heres the links:

http://www.3cphosting.com/speedo.jpg
http://www.3cphosting.com/petrol.jpg - this has both petrol and temperature gauges.

lol sorry about hte grease marks on them easy coverable if you just use them as templates.

I appear to have damaged my speedo :( when i put it back together i can reach about 50 - 60mph and it was still showing 10mph

i just tightened the coil inside the speedo by spinning the the dial round and round bending the catch inside.

just a bit of usefull info if you guys do the same..

EDIT: DAMN!!! if look look at the speedo one in the bottom left hand corner theres two perfect fingerprint marks from me... i can be framed now..:down:

I have some white dials for the K10 that glow up neon blue at night - 20 quid PM me for info..

sure is old lol but the links dont work to the scans so is there a way to make them work as i am interested in doing my clocks now i no i can be done

You'l need to scan in your ones and edit them using photoshop etc, and print them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back