need cg13de pinouts for offroader

Hi all,

A mate of mine is building a cougar/VW style offroader and I'm doing the ecu wiring work for him. I need a bit of a crash course lesson on the nissan micras/march's ecu setups.

I've been searching everywhere and cant for the life of me find an ecu pinout for this engine.

Also while searching I came across some topics about NATS (nissan security system?). Is there anything i would need to know about this being on different ecu models?

Basically I can get the orignal engine harness from the k11, '95 or '96 model, and would just need the basics after that. Main concerns are the different pins that require 12v switched/unswitched feeds, grounds, and tacho signal.
The TPS, injectors, afms should all be part of the orignal loom so shouldnt be a problem. ECU i'll be using is also auto if it makes a difference.

Unfortunately, using a VW combi bus gearbox means there will be no speed signal - is this a problem on these ecu's?

The car will probably only run a couple of races with the standard engine and ecu. Problems with the engine builders mean the race engine (quad throttles, cams, dry sump) not being ready means that we have to throw in a standard engine and ecu setup in first, later it will run a Haltech ecu and make 150hp and 140nm :grinning: N/A!

Sorry I know I have alot of questions, but if you can answer any of them it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Louis

i think i can get a pin out for a CG13de ecu but its only the engine pin outs. if you are trying to wire in guages, it may be woth just wiring independent after market guages instead of trying to use the loom.

older ECUs wont have nats, more modern ones will have nats and are next to useless without the coded key and a transponder ring.

i dont think the ecu reqires a speed signal, its all cable driven.

hope that helps :)

yeah just need the engine pinouts, tacho if he uses one will be aftermarket
would be awesome if you could get those, cheers

ah cool, got a few pointers from those, the e-manage shows the power/ground being on the bottom line, presumably unswitched, the other shows the power/ground above on the top line.
Should be a good indication. A full pinout would be nice but hopefully i can work with this

i have a nissan eccs wiring diagram for a mk2 k11 in front of me. I will try and upload it tonight if i can work out a way how

Doesnt The Haynes Manual Show This?

i don't think the haynes has it, just the diagnostic pins.

i would really like a full pinout map too as i am trying to splice my non nats loom with a nats transponder and ecu

i have the nats one too, just not at work.

they're knievals scans - well mine are.

btw, you ideally need the speed sensor

thanks mate, if you could get that on the net that would really help me out. do you know if the nats system is only the ecu and the transponder ring? or is there anything else in the system to do with nats?

IT RUNS!

Didnt take too many tries to get her running. First time round i had only put power on the ecu pins that needed it. Found out later theres also a seperate power feed for the coil.

Weird problem with the tacho though, using an aftermarket gauge and can't get it to read from pin #2 at all. If i connect it to the negative of the coil after the resistor feedback to the ecu it works, but the tacho isnt reading right when set for a 4cyl engine, instead it has to be set to a combination of the tachos dip switches that isnt listed in the book.
Another thing is the car is limiting at only 5000rpm, is this normal? Thought redline would be at roughly 6500ish.

For future reference, the engine only needs a few wires to get up and going
-ve 48,39
+ve 47,38 and 46 i think, i just put power on the red supply wire for the eccs relay and cut the wires on the switch contacts and joined them,
start signal - 34, just fed off the starter switch
tacho is only other thing ecu related

things like your oil pressure lght, alternator charging and warning light, and your starter motor circuit are all seperate from the engine loom

only a few days to go till it goes to the track for the taupo 1000, a 2 day 1000km offroad endurance race. Bit of a harsh first test for the car haha!

excellent make sure you get some pictures up, i love projects like this. it should be limited at 6500 not 5000.

cool i'll see what i can do about pictures after the weekend.
theres always the chance that the tacho is reading wrong, but the only other setting i could get out of it, the needle was reading way past the 10,000 rpm mark. any chance they have some kind of limit of revving in neutral? the ecu is an automatic ecu, not a manual.
even the timing light wasnt getting an rpm reading, not sure if it is faulty or what but its got me stumped.

only other hiccup was the kill switch connected to the battery not stopping the motor. alternator was connected after the killswitch and was then powering the car after the battery killswitch was switched off. all sorted now.

mate, the car hauls ass with the little micra motor in it, driver says its got plenty of torque to pull it out of sand ruts. Had some teething issues with the new car, fuel problems, hooked reverse after 2nd and killed 1 gearbox, shat another gearbox that ended up being locked in 3rd for a lap, then lost the brakes, and a dud fuel tank that leaked in 5 different places over the weekends racing! The motor definitely held together and we ended up with a 1st place in the 1300cc class competing against 7 other cars, and 38th/75 overall.

Back