Need a new head, advice needed

Got ya!

I want to get another head for my ma12. As it moight be warped. Are they all the same. The car's a H reg auto. can i get a head of any 1.2 micra of any year.

CHEERS for any help

if the head is warped due to the head gasket going etc i thnk they can be skimmed, mine was and only cost me 30 quid, or do you specifically want a different one?

cheers

Steve

Thanks for the replys. In the end i got it skimmed 15thou, should go better (Y). Now ive just got to clean all the gunge out of the engine.

make sure to use a straight edge and check that the block isn't warped either, its a little more likeley on an aluminum block like the micra has. you could get it skimmed too, but then you gotta disassemble the entire engine and take it in. but but it will raise your compression a bit which always helps for performance.

If you gonna get it skimmed you may as well take alot off..we used to take off around 30 thou off the head and 5 off the block face that will give you about 8 more bhp,all that with a good inlet setup and exhaust system you will go from 60bhp@ flywheel to 105bhp@flywheel
Picture403.jpg

Back