NEED A INLET MANIFOLD GASKET!

If you get gasket sealent which petrol wont corrode you can simply put that on it , or you can buy a sheet of suitable gasket paper , to make a gasket i usually put it on the manifold or whatever , and shape the gasket useing the ballpoint of a hammer , just some options incase you dont find one .

Im one to think SU carb is much much better , and you can pick up the carb nice and cheap in comparison to webbers , SU's are also much simpler and more reliable

SU's will give you more fuel effieciency for the same power / possibly more power than webbers , webbers have been known to guzzle, i know grassers with SU's on k10s and iv been told they dont use much more thanstandard carb

Price :Cant give exact figure , ehm well there always on ebay , but there cheaper if you had any classic car autojumble shows or sales in your area , iv got one spare but its got autochoke on it, maybe it can be taken of or decommisioned ,

I also can give you an idea for mounting one to a manifold , i had an idea for an adapter for the mani thats standard , ill sketch it tomorrow and post the picture tomorrow , the idea was it would be simple and cheap to make or not too expensive to get made if your not able

Right so this was the other option i had i cant remember who helped me with this , may have been MicrAde , because being an awesome but typical yorkshire man he always shows me the cheaper option :p
So it involves ,
1 plate shaped to suit standard mani
1 plate to suit SU
Pipe with right bore and outside diameter to suit , cut at angles each side to get the SU at a right angle .

Only problem with this is your stil stuck with the restrictive standard manifold , however it leaves it "cheap and chearful"
y5e9abeg.jpg

Back