Nats....

Nissan Anti Theft System (NATS). From what i've read it's a wireless transponder that communicates with the key when starting the car much in the same way that there is a wireless transponder that unlocks the car. In the same way that only the correct key for your specific car will unlock your car, the NATS makes sure that only that same key can be used to start the car in case someone breaks into your car and then uses a different Micra key to try to start it. If the NATS does not receive the correct signal from the key when starting the car, it will disable the engine so that the car cannot be stolen. However the NATS will also trigger if there is a malfunction with one of the components of the system which are:
-the fuse
-the key transponder
-the transponder in the car
-the dongle unit

From what I've read it's most likely some sort of malfunction with the dongle unit as you can still start the car and drive it from what you've said ... I found all the information here:

file:///C:/Users/Duncan/Downloads/NATS.pdf

Might be worth talking to a Nissan technician since it's a pretty complicated and (I'm willing to bet) somewhat secretive issue :confused:

NATS exists on both keyless and key entry cars, oddly enough. Apparently Nissan have gotten a lot of complaints about the system, even though its a good idea

Back