n14 brakes

CMF_crumpets

» CMF Member
Had some issues with the Micra i got my hands on and had the mechanic fit various replacement parts

The mechanic i got working on the Micra has told me that the 1.6L brakes I got do not seem to fit, I am going to head down and check it out shortly but I cant for the life of me understand how they wont fit if they are direct bolt ons.

The rotors are 1.6L rotors and the discs are new discs specific to that model, from what he has told me the calipers will not reach across from the Micra hub to connect with the rotor (if that makes sense)

At this point I am going off what he has told me but and will head down to check it out, any one have any ideas (thats if any of this makes any sense)

CMF_crumpets

» CMF Member
Yeah figured so mechanic is talking he doesnt want to do it as its bodgey..

Have to go down and discuss with him.. 1.7mm seem to be what other forum posted suggested

Thanks for quick response mate, was searching forums at same time but figured if someone was lurking they could answer it quicker

CMF_crumpets

» CMF Member
Yeah i think he was just looking to say its not a perfect fit and covering himself against any legal issues i guess..

The way i drive the last thing he needs to worry about is a small washer causing problems

Back