BRAKE CONVERSION>BIGGER N14 FRONTS

CMF_JKL

» CMF Member
I put N14 Callipers and rotors on yesterday.
Such a simple upgrade and huge difference in sizes and stopping power compared to standard brakes.
Something a lot of guys overlook when making their car perform better, is that braking is just as, if not-more important.
Just thought Id post a few pics.
Check out the camparison side by side for size difference. The standard Micra rotors are also solid disc and not vented like the N14.

Attachments

• 28422.jpg
    28422.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 49

smidge

» CMF Member
yeah this is high on my list also, did you rebuild or service the calipers JKL or find a decent set somewhere?

did you need to space them out to fit over the rotor properly?

i'll need to change my rotors before the end of the year so when i go i'll go the n14 route...

the stock rotors dont really cut it, especially with heaps more rubber on the road with bigger rims/tyres

CMF_JKL

» CMF Member
I reco'd the Callipers myself. No shims, straight on.
Pulls up nice and strong now. Original rotors had some shimmy thru the wheel.
I can do this job complete with pads/rotors/callipers for $380.

CMF_JKL

» CMF Member
Yes, straight bolt on. This kit will not interfere with the ABS speed ring or sensor.
Save about $80 on supply only and fit yourself.
Callipers are fully reco'd, slides serviced also.

CMF_JKL

» CMF Member
No the callipers are 1.6L.
I have a set of SSS callipers here somewhere and would have tried them, they were going to go on an N13 Pulsar project I had.... But never did. Just couldnt find them on the day I did the job on the Micra.

CMF_maat

» CMF Member
nope single piston, its actually smaller than the n14 SSS piston but the caliper itself actually allows for a larger pad

and yeah its a straight bolt up, just need to space them

CMF_JKL

» CMF Member
Mmmmm, Think i'll stick with N14.
The brakes are improved significantly and its such and easy fit-up, No shims or spacers, no longer bolts bolts, nothing.
Thanks for the reply.

Back