My new 'ride'

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Hey guys.
Just thought Id share my new baby with you all :D
Wont have it till the start of November, but im just so excited to be getting it!

Its a Tamiya XB Mini Cooper replica of the 1994 Monte Carlo Mini. Will be getting all sorts of upgrades for it asap! HEHE

Any Perth Micra owners into RC racing? I need to find some opponents! :)

CMF_Ghetto Micra

» CMF Member
I'm a perth micra owner, and I'm also a state champion r/c racer.

I race electric, 1:10 touring cars, and 1:10 off-road cars. I'm the current State Champion in 1:10 stock.

I'm also the Tamiya Cup 'mini' champion, winning the Perth TCS only a few weeks ago with a Tamiya M03 rover mini. First prize was a Tamiya TA-05 touring car kit, score.

You could say that I'm seriously into r/c.

I'm going to the Australian National Championships in November (queensland).

I race at Ryper Hobbies (bibra lake), and PRECC (perth radio electric car club) in Maylands (venville rec centre, tuesday nights). PRECC have a mini-class they run too.

James

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
SWEET! Bibra Lake is like 10 mins from my place. Will surely be there once i get it running and modded. Might even pop by next time youre racing :D

Is ryper hobbies a shop?

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Also, im ordering it from NSW for $200 + postage.
Do you know of any places in Perth that might sell it cheaper?
Stanbridges was $270 so, i doubt ill be looking to them in the future.
Also got a 1800mah battery off ebay for $10! Sweet!

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
Also into RC, Toma and Ghetto, as it turns out. Not as serious as you Ghetto.

Race at Bayswater - 1:10 Truck (T4) - got 2 of them, one with Novak 6.5 brushless. Don't do the championship stuff but have lots of fun.
Recently been involved in the Carine track as well.

Also have a 1/8 Nitro buggy converted to electric - awesome but they banned us at Baysie. We were having too much fun ripping up the track!

Also just made up a HPI Pro4 1:10 car for a bit of drifting in the off season - having a ball with this.

I get most of my stuff from Tower Hobbies or Stormer Hobbies in the states. Way cheaper than buying locally for the big stuff. Just have to wait a week or 2 for it to come over but thats usually cool especially if you keep a few spare cars on the go. Batteries way cheaper as well.

Also get some stuff from Dinball in Hong Kong - Intellect 4200mAh stick pack for $60 AUD landed - probably less now. These give awesome run time. And I think 4200's are legal now?

Toma, I've got a few Venom batteries you could have cheap - only catch is they've all got Deans plugs on them. Just need a Deans-Tamiya adapter. Better still convert your car to Deans plugs. Anyway I've got an 1800NiCad,and a 3000, 3300 and 3600 NiMH you could have the lot for $50 (pickup from Innaloo). They're all less than 9 months old and not used more than a 1/2 dozen times each.

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Hooray!
Finally got it today (my bday) and took it for a little spin round the front. Gosh, that car is quick. Snappy round the corners too!
The R/C Mini is pretty good too :D Will have to race the Micra vs the RC Mini when i get a bigger engine for it.

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Headlight lenses aint real :D its all paint.

I just ran it into a wooden pillar at the fron of the house :< still ok, slight paint chip. Last time i do something silly like that!

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
your lucky to have them they are rare. and also a performance mod. light weight part over the front wheels. they are a lot lighter than the glass ones. i have some for sale, but no one seems interested.

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Ok, so I love this lil Mini. So much so that i didnt wanna ding the body :<

So i got a new one and now it too looks too nice :( I even went as far as to install an LED light system in it. So heres a pic of it running :D Hopefully one day ill do the same thing to the Micra.

PS. Those ones on the front are colour changing LEDS. slowly drift thru 7 different colours, the back one is just a 10mm red LED

Back