My new ride

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi Micragirl,

Congratulations !. I like the look of your new car.... It certainly looks much more sporty than the standard swift !. What's the interior like ?. Are the seats really comfortable ?.

I hope you have many many years of happy motoring with it.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Now get some wax onto that little baby pronto!

Been washing a few swifts at work and the paint does NOT like stuff sitting on it at all. Watermarks, bird droppings etc eat into the clearcoat without hesitation. Alot of new cars are like this too. It seems that mercedes is the only manufacturer who is currently using decent paint.

PS: If you want, PM me and I can see if we can sort out a little deal or something and we can coat your new baby in a lovely layer of zymol natural wax which will give shiney protection for around 6 months if you wash it regularly with neutral shampoo/detergent. Alternatively I would suggest you purchase the Autoglym stuff AlexB uses on his micra - that stuff is synthetic, is much cheaper and lasts just as long. Doesn't leave the same nice finish as the zymol though. You can fix that with a cheaper natural wax over the top of the synthetic. That'll give you like 12 months of AWESOME protection and shine if you top up the natural wax reguarly. You can't really tell that i'm detailing cars at the moment can you? :p

cisco

» CMF Member
AWESOME small car Micragirl!!! Congrats!!

I LOVE IT!!!

Man "VVT" badge and everything. Mmmm VVT. Loving it.

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Tom, I would be very interested in doing that, was going to give it a treatment but unsure of the best stuff to use. I want to do the interior as well as theres leather to look after.

Thanks everyone for your nice comments, shes pretty stock as far as a sport goes but am planning to do a few aesthetic improvements in the next week or so, we'll see what we can get for her.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
thats looks fantastic. the 1st time i have complimented a 5-door. still prefer 3-door though,which in uk is the only option you have anyway i think.
great colour (my favourite)
great feeling having a new car. keep it clean. and take the sticker off the rear window imo.
lovely car, suzuki messed up in uk as i would have bought one if they released in summer like they were meant to.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
I'm not planning to be detailing cars for long caroline. lol its nice to be outside and in semi sunlight, relatively fresh air etc but you get a little sick of how repetitive it is. ABout the only fun thing is playing with various cars!

Anyway I can help you determine which products will keep your suzi looking like new for many more years to come. :) Thats probably better than bringing it down for some treatment in my opinion! I can also give you plenty of suggestions for how to use, what products to use, etc. :)

The trick is in the detail. Protection for everything. Not only looks better, makes it last longer and also makes it easier to keep clean. ;)

Anyway I reckon we need to organise another meet soon! Put my newly found detailing knowledge to good use and mabye give some tips and tricks of the trade (always wanted to say that LOL) to you lot.

The thread i made was crap. Words are too hard and I dont want to be responsible for anyone stuffing up their paint.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Nice micragirl. I really like the shape, its the best one around. Yeah do what Yom says and get the layer of protection on it inside and out. It makes a world of differance.
Must go up to the local dealer and really check one out.
Its just begging for a turbo upgrade micragirl.
Hose off all those Micras.
Your colour choice is also spot on.Have fun and enjoy.

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
Awesome Micragirl. Its definately the best looker out of the small cars available in Oz.

Make a subchapter of the Micra site for Swifts??? At least until there's a decent Micra replacement by Nissan in Australia.

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
If you want any info on the new swifts then www.redlinegti.com is a good place to start. Look for a guy call dmwdave. Thats david homer, he is very cluded up on the new swifts (including fixing the suspension travel problem with lowered swifts). He also make turbo kits (hint hint nudge nudge :p). Very nice car, I didnt like the look of new swifts very much, but the new sport is a great looking car, love that front end, very vw.

Back