My new 6x9's

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
I have just finished installing my 6x9's in the back, was wondering what you think and if anyone else has put them here?
02-06-07_1315.jpg

02-06-07_1314.jpg

02-06-07_1313.jpg

Thanks for these pics, i've been wondering where to put back speakers in the Mongol Rally car since we've taken out the parcel shelf etc.

you gotta drill 2 holes in the body, they are very close to the edge and held in by 2 screws, if you want to do it properly screw s9ome ply to the metal and the 6x9's to the ply
if you want to see the holes i can put up a pic of that later.

ive fitted 2 round 17cm speakers there on my white k10,
only problem if you have a sub in the boot is the space behind the speakers goes to the same place as the sub so filling the gap between boot and rear seats in the quarter panel would stop them affecting each other giving a better sound quality in theory but i havent done it so cant say for sure

Putting speakers in the back cards imo is a waste of space. There's so much more room there for other things. In my K10, i've got an amp behind each one. Use the shelf for rear speakers, enhanced sound if its on solid wood, and can be boxed in so not using the same air as the sub.

i need to remove my parcel shelf and lay the seats down, thats why i put them there, there is still space for amps behind the cards.
instead of the sound going towards the roof its now directed to the passengers.
it just seemed like a good idea for my needs.

Back