Help with fitting new headunit + 6x9's

rossmc

Ex. Club Member
Hello,
I've currently got the standard radio cassette and just front speakers in our 2002 K11 1.0l Micra S. I want to fit a new CD headunit and 6x9 speakers in the parcel shelf. I have been told that there may already be wiring in the boot, after a look I found these two leads:

13_1_sbl.JPG

Could any of you give advice on attaching the 6x9's to these connectors?

Also I've been told I will probably need a convertor lead to change the head unit over (ISO?).

Thanks!

The connector on the left should be for the 6x9's, if they have a set of green and purple wires.

Just cut off the adapter and attach your 6x9's using bullet connectors or similar.

Yes, you will need a convertor lead for your headunit, around £10 from a motor shop/Halfords, etc. It converts the Nissan standard to the ISO (headunit) standard.

Retepetsir - i have heard about being able to put resistors before speakers to omit higher or lower frequency bands going into speakers.

Ie, if you cut out the lower frequency band going to your front speakers (omitting the bassyness (if there is such a word) ) is this possible, viable etc?

cheers

Ps dont mean to hijack the thread, but it may also help yourself

could i also ask where you found those leads? as i have a k11 2001 s and might install some rear speakers... thanks!

sketch said:
Retepetsir - i have heard about being able to put resistors before speakers to omit higher or lower frequency bands going into speakers.

Ie, if you cut out the lower frequency band going to your front speakers (omitting the bassyness (if there is such a word) ) is this possible, viable etc?

cheers

Ps dont mean to hijack the thread, but it may also help yourself

Capacitors are needed for this, but tbh its not worth the bother. The value of the capacitor, etc usually has to be matched properly to a speaker (all speakers have certain properties that make them what they are)! Ths is what the R+D department are for with the more expensive speaker sets which have their own crossover units (the boxes that filter out the higher and lower frequencies to the relevant drivers).

Thanks for your help guys :).

mankian said:
could i also ask where you found those leads? as i have a k11 2001 s and might install some rear speakers... thanks!

I lifted up the carpeted bit/surrounding side bit on the right hand side of the boot and the leads were buried away there.

manufacturers install alot more cabling that the desired spec to save on time when they come off of the production line, you might find in the engine bay cables and plgs that go nowhere and these are for things like A/C Fog Lights etc that would be on higher spec models. its easier to fit the cables and not the speakers if its a lower spec than its to retro fit cables if the customer of the new car wants speakers in the rear and the chassis doesnt come with it

i only had front speakers wired

I just stripped it all out and rewired the whole car with RCA cables to the Amps in boot and all the speakers in the car are powered by the Amplifier.

rossmc..why dont you find a parcelshelf with speakers already in it from a micra same kinda model as yours and jus plug and play

rossmc said:
Retepetsir said:
The connector on the left should be for the 6x9's, if they have a set of green and purple wires.

Which is pos/neg , green or purple? etc.

Green is Left Rear
Purple is Right Rear

The wires with the lines on them (black strips) are the negatives :)

Back