6x9's, yes or no?

L

lewis

I've got front coaxials just now, I'm going to buy a sub/amp pretty soon. I can afford 6x9's just now but I have heard so many different oppinions on them.

If I'm going to put them in the parcel shelf will they sound crap when I get a sub as well?

A few of my friends have mixed oppinions of them (but I think they have limited experience when it comes to this).

Thanks in advance guys! :unclesam:

joe boy micra said:
i wouldnt get them and if you notice most professional installs they usually dont have them. probs be better buying new front speakers with the cash

Thats what a few of my mates think, I've already got front speakers mate, pioneer puppies. Seems they ain't talking ######## then!! :laugh:

yeah seroisly, 6 x 9;s tens to be designed for bass and normal sound. When u have a sub and seakers there is no point and yeah it will sound edited plus your sub will destroy your 6 x 9's if theyre on your parcel shelf.

If your intending on having a sub in your system then don't bother with adding 6x9's. There is no point. If placed on the parcel shelf such as being a popular place to install them, with a sub in the boot will only distort the 6x9's.

However if you wish to have a system with no sub then I would recommend the genesis mini subs (6x9's) to give you a similar punch and sound to a sub.

Kev :)

everyones rite here,,dont need 6x9s with subs

if your ever stuck fot advice on sound systems,,check out TALK AuDIO best place to go imo

Iv got 6x9's on my shelf and iv got a sub and dont get no distortion at all, iv got quite a good sound IMO. Im not slating anyones replies here im just saying that my sounds are not too bad

K10Daz said:
Iv got 6x9's on my shelf and iv got a sub and dont get no distortion at all, iv got quite a good sound IMO. Im not slating anyones replies here im just saying that my sounds are not too bad

Exactly the same for me mate! Besides, you can always enclose the 6x9's so they're not effected by the subs.

I'm agreeing with Kev tbh. If you do want 6x9's on your shelf, enclose them. I know of quite a few people that have had 6x9's fail/break due to the pressure from the subwoofer in the boot.

But its totally up to you, if it sounds ok to you, do it :) It's your car after all. Just from my experiance, with a decent pair of amped components up front (especially in a small car), and good placement of speaker and staging, etc it should be plenty loud for you and still sound fantastic. I tend to find that unless I fade out rear speakers, then pull the staging backwards.

Also, regarding Vibe. Yes, they tend to make quite a bit of loud noise, however I've found that they do it without any sort of control, and just tend to lack sound quality or warmth.

Back