• This is an archive of the old Blogs system from the previous software. If you would like your blog entries moving/merging into the relevant forum/thread, please PM James. These blogs are READ ONLY. Replies CANNOT be made.

My Micra!

Tchaaa

Buy & Sell Member
So October last year, I took over ownership of my grandfather's 1993 1.3l Micra SLX.

As yet, I haven't actually passed my driving test. Failed 2 of them as the driving examiner was a bit of a cock and failed me for silly reasons. Have another one booked for later this month at a different test centre to stop me from getting the same examiner. So, I'm limited to driving it very little as a parent has to be in the car with me (which kills all the fun!).

So, for a car of 17 years of age. It's immaculate save for a few scratches here and there, and the mileage is very low too! A tad over 40k. Couple things needed to be fixed up here and there and It's due to get the scratches sorted out later this year, as my dad works in a paint bay and can touch it up nicely for me.

I'll be able to post some more when I get driving it alone, but so far It's been great fun and a million times better than my instructor's corsa(s). So I can't wait to get let loose in it! (finger crossed January 19th!). I do want to do some mods however the insurance for me as a new driver is off the scale, so have to keep it tame for a bit. Also, student's budget restricts what I can do. But we'll have to see.

Here's a picture, more to come soon!

DSC_6676.jpg

i'm in the same boat with insurance mate, who've you found to be the cheapest company?... could do with some provisional insurance at the moment.. :/

Ashlais;bt363 said:
i'm in the same boat with insurance mate, who've you found to be the cheapest company?... could do with some provisional insurance at the moment.. :/

I've got provisional on it at the mo, from a company called Collingwood. Which was quite cheap, was about £700ish (not cheap at all, but comparitively).

Looking at full, I've found I can do a 10 month thing with Admiral, which is £3200 with both my parents on. It's not a year but it's the cheapest I've found for some full insurance :/

It's daylight robbery!

Tchaaa;bt364 said:
I've got provisional on it at the mo, from a company called Collingwood. Which was quite cheap, was about £700ish (not cheap at all, but comparitively).

Looking at full, I've found I can do a 10 month thing with Admiral, which is £3200 with both my parents on. It's not a year but it's the cheapest I've found for some full insurance :/

It's daylight robbery!

yeah, I've looked at collingwood too, might just have to stop driving once i've passed :down:.. going for the mot this month, so, we'll see how that goes first.

mines £60 a month with admiral, on the multicar policy im fully comp and my bfs an extra driver with my car (thou im main driver) mines only a 1.0L so thats prob why its cheap. try going on ur parents multicar or something. and as for driving with parents u dont need to long as the persons over 25 and had a full liecense for over 3-5 yrs u can drive. (plus have L plates up) mines only 16yrs old and mines easier than my instructors car too haha even with no power steering lol. anyway good luck on ur exam

micrafairy;bt522 said:
mines £60 a month with admiral, on the multicar policy im fully comp and my bfs an extra driver with my car (thou im main driver) mines only a 1.0L so thats prob why its cheap. try going on ur parents multicar or something. and as for driving with parents u dont need to long as the persons over 25 and had a full liecense for over 3-5 yrs u can drive. (plus have L plates up) mines only 16yrs old and mines easier than my instructors car too haha even with no power steering lol. anyway good luck on ur exam

I've been fully insured now since february, ended up paying £2900 for 10 months Fire&Theft with Admiral with both my parents as named drivers. There was no point me going on a multicar with my parents as any savings we made on mine worked out as additions on theirs. And I know about the rules for provisional drivers, it's actually 21 and over with 3 years of holding a full license. But my parents where the only people I knew fitting that category that where willing to take me out in it. Have my own full license now anyway, so no more worrying about that!

Back