Need a bit of help

Stripping engine down today (well trying)…... after timing everything up dizzy out, tensioner off etc etc, when undoing the cam sprockets the spanner holding it slipped a little and i managed to turn the engine now its out of timing, just wondering what my options are? i was hoping to put the tensioner back on and rotate back to TDC and start again seeing as i did not loosen anything

Thanks for looking

Knew i would be asking questions when doing this mwaaaaaaa

You can reset it when you reassemble it glen :)
Cheers Frank, weather beat me today gonna get on it tomorrow i put the tensioner back on gonna reset and try again. Whats best was to hold the cams down, can't remember how i did it last time :)

thinking about what you said Frank might be a noob question but could you in theory just strip the engine without setting to TDC as long you set it when put back together

yep if the engines gonna be all stripped, ur gonna have to set the crank to tdc and align up the timing chains anyway ;)

Argos gazebo.. sub £20
Tie it to some old wheels.
Works a treat
1391332027861.jpg

This bugger is in the garage and the wind nearly took me of my feet yesterday gazebo would of ended up on the Reebok stadium lol

But the sun is shining……..

yes all the time no probs.
I always clean the threads with a tap n die then apply a little oil to the threads and a smear of grease to the bolt washer before its torqued

yes all the time no probs.
I always clean the threads with a tap n die then apply a little oil to the threads and a smear of grease to the bolt washer before its torqued
with the tap n die you just run it up and down the bolt, never used 1 before

Will look into this will save a few pennies, put it towards a head set (shocked at the price, didn't think i paid that last year)

haynes says that although nissan didn't state you have to renew the headbolts, haynes "recommend" you should. so its not essential imo, only for if you have cash to throw around and really wanna guarantee a consistant clamp force. all other scenario just re-use the bolts or just buy another engine

Will look into this will save a few pennies, put it towards a head set (shocked at the price, didn't think i paid that last year)
cant you get by with just a head gasket glen ?
i bought a spare BGA one last week, £16.77 posted (tom had my only spare one at JAE last year) centre one, you can see its got the linked fire rings like the oem one (on the left) whereas the £12 one (forget what make) has 4 separate fire rings :)
and autodata list the headbolts as "non stretch type" btw

P2030490.JPG

Last edited:
Need the other bits as well really bud, £38 cheapest i can find think thats what i got last year tbh, he mentioned about the head bolts as well that they are not stated as stretch :)

Back