My ma10et drinks fuel like a v8!

Hi there folks,
I think ive got some fuel issues with my ma10et. It was using an insane amount of fuel the last time I drove it...about 10mpg...
Im just trying to figure out this stupid little car's fuel consumption and im baffled why its so high. Any thoughts from fellow march turbo/super turbo owners?
I hardly ever drive this car so its possible there are some things i haven't checked due to my lack of nissan knowledge, they aren't like other japanese cars ive owned.
P.S
Car is imported into canada so parts aren't available at the local rip off shop but there are lots of s13's and z32's around incase those parts will work.

First thing to do is to look at the colour of the spark plugs and see if they look as bad as you suggest.

Swapped the plugs a while back, havent pulled them recently to see if any are fouling. I dont have any leaks in my driveway and there is no smell of fuel.​
Would a fouled plug really cause that much fuel consumption ?​
Converted to imp its 14mpg and thats driving at 45-60mph​

I need to see a pic of the plugs. Is this car auto or manual?

my tank had a small pin hole near the filler neck, it didnt leave any marks on the ground or evidence that it was leaking apart from faint smell.

seemed that it was so small it was evaporating before it hit the ground,

Finally got a chance to pull the plugs, they were all in there tight and they were the normal brown, nothing gooey or covered in gas, mind you I did pull them cold.
I only drove 200kms(125miles) and used almost a full tank of fuel, I wouldn't call that " normal" for my lead footed driving style

Then you may have a transmission problem etc. binding breaks etc could also cause this.,

Well fella's,
I finally got around to working my lilturd.
Played with the brakes, driver side was sticking while the car was in gear but spun ok when any load was present. The guide pins probably need to be lubed up. Only checked one rear brake, was rubbing ever so slightly when spun, nothing too concerning. Then I got lazy and didn't bother with the other one :p The car doesn't feel like the brakes are dragging anyways.
Next I attempted to pull the injectors and fuel rail out, man what a huge pain! There is seriously no room between the intake manifold and the head.
In my haste to remove them, one of the injectors got damaged and the other's got cracked around the Pintle protection cap. Poor design on Nissan's part and perhaps the age of the injectors/plastic being exposed to gasoline for 22+ years.

Part number is 2142 1726D (Green Top), JECS connector style A46-00 injector. Anyone know of an alternative ? I read about a fellow member using RB20 Injectors on his ST, that seems like too much flow though.

The caps aren't really my problem, there are places that sell new pintle caps. My problems is the one injector that had the cap broken off fell on concrete and the actual pintle needle tip broke off. I'm skeptical that a local fuel injector repair shop would have anything like what the ma10et uses.

Back