T25 Complete Set Up

CMF_Dan_K11

» CMF Member
Hey, im sorry about this... and you are all probably sick of explaining this stuff over and over again. but i need to ask as the k11's you have that you have put turbo's in are quite inspiring, what would the full list be to get a pretty basic turbo set up.

ive gotta uprated manifold, exhaust, fuel pressure regulator, cams, air intake. but i wouldnt mind taking it to the next level and getting a t25 basic set up with the rest of the engine pretty much bein stock in the future i might change a few things tho.

ive been looking for a t25 out of a s13, so would i use a s13 turbo exhaust manifold onto that? this also seem like a stupid question but ive been on here for a few hours tryin to get my head round all the parts nd how it would set up but my head is having none of it, so from the turbo where will it go to next? and would you recommend an intercooler? if so what one would you choose?

if someone wouldnt mind and who has the patience would someone list pretty much the parts i would need please?

sorry about this but i thought id best ask instead of making a mistake.

Thanks. Dan_K11 (UK)

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
yeah we do get tired of explaining it over and over again esp. when its been discussed over and over again in previous posts..

planning - how you want to place everything, how you want your cooler setup(if any), how/where to run water/oil lines to turbo, where piping will run, the most important part. and it doesnt really cost you any money...yet can save you a LOT in the end.

a turbo manifold. one for the cg13de. usually its custom made.

sort out fuelling. bigger injectors, custom fuel rail, extra
injector..depends how you want to go about it.

computer - to control fuelling, ignition, etc.

exhaust. 2inch..2.5inch max

intercooler/piping/etc

clutch..eventually

oil lines/water lines for turbo

dump pipe - usually have to get this custom made to.

cisco

» CMF Member
Good advice from aaron.

I should compile a permanent document for the technical articles section I think which outlines the main steps and thinking behind building a turbo conversion.. Probably get a few hits on that one seeing as its a popular topic!

Even some photos in there with each point would be very useful I'm sure.

Leave it with me..

cisco

» CMF Member
That would be great. Let's make it a top compilation of all the key concepts etc.

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Hey Cisco what about a 3 stage guide,

Number 1- standard internals with standard injecters, second hand japanese intercooler,5 injecter piggy back computer and very low boost.

Number 2-standard internals with custom fuel rail aftermarket computer more boost.

Number 3-full internal rebuild,bigger turbo custom fuel rail custom intercooler full aftermarket computer head work cams equal length tuned manifold.

And all other parts like lsds,clutches,break upgrades,suspention.

CMF_Dan_K11

» CMF Member
Thanks alot for the bit advice nd knowledge guys, i was wondering about the custom manifold i'll need... i was looking at the pics of your cars who have the turbo conversions in them, the manifold... it looks like a s13 manifold i was looking at, and i was wondering would i b able to use this if i got one and them got it customed so that the runners where suitable length for it to fit correctly with my turbo?

cisco

» CMF Member
Sounds like an awesome idea Tony.

Does anyone want to volunteer to put something together?

I'm flat out with work related stuff all lately and for a while ahead. I honestly don't think I will get a chance in the short term future. But I'll try to give some time to it.

Back