My ideas for a cheap Forced induction ecm

Hi there. Quick intro im a Nissan hi teq ex middlehburst motorsport.

When I finally get the time to turbo my k11 I was thinking of grafting in a turbod Nissan ecm and injectors maybe an SR20 DET would overfuel too much but a Ca18 det 200 sx s13 would be perfect. You know why spend so much on emanage when all the hard work mapping is all there for less then £50. Trust me ive looked over loads of service manuals over the years and the great thing about Nissans ECM`s is that many pin locations are numbered identically. Take a Pulsar GTIR ECM lets say the injectors are pins 101 -104 you will find that a pre eobd k11 CG13 ECM is also identical. Same goes for the ECCS power feed its all there ready you just need to do a bit of cutting and shutting with the wiring. WHEN MY BLOODY HOUSE IS FINISHED AND IVE SOLD MY PULSAR I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A BASH AT THAT When its finished lol. Wish I was 21 again back at me mams. Thought id post and have my say lol. Im the mean time any one need any technical help I know a little bit about Nissans but im always learning new stuff. Plus when I finally get up and running with the micra id like to think you guys will also be a good source of knowledge. Speak to you again when project turbo gets up and running which will prob be around March/April 2008. Now I must return to the joys of fitting a new kitchen :(

gartracs2

food for thought eh !
have you any info on the k12 inlet variable valve system ?

Would you not have better results trying to see what the Renault system is like as that engine is built by them so I'd think that they probably used their system.

Jabran

This idea wouldn't work at all. The K11 micra has entirely different signals from its CAS as opposed to any of the 200sx etc based ecus.

Also there is no hope that even if it did have the right signals it would send the right amount of fuel etc...

Again, the Renault ECUs are bosch motronic type and totally incompatible with any eariler systems, even more so than the K11 to 200sx ones are.

Back