My K11 micra (Who needs coilovers) :P

Who need coilovers? The folk who want their cars to handle well (dare I say it, predictably!), and without having to nurse their ride two and fro to the chiropractors every month or so.
Lolz.

Looks good, it'll look really good when you get the rears spaced properly.

Who need coilovers? The folk who want their cars to handle well (dare I say it, predictably!), and without having to nurse their ride two and fro to the chiropractors every month or so.
Lolz.

Looks good, it'll look really good when you get the rears spaced properly.

haha LOL handles like **** but looks good coilers soon be here :D

I want a car that handles well.
I want to make the micra more track focused

With a car like the K11 that already has a coilover front and rear 5-link with separate springs and dampers a set of 'true coilovers', (which will only be on the front), is pretty hard to justify unless the car is going to be seriously aimed at the track. Even then, any potential benefits are entirely at the mercy of the user.

To be honest a set of -35mm or at the most -50mm springs, a good set of adjustable dampers to complement them and an adjustable panhard rod will be more than sufficient for most tracks. It will also keep the setup much simpler and put a much smaller dent in your wallet. If you drop the car any more than that, you start to introduce more compromises than benefits into the system and an excessively lowered car can behave quite erratically.

I WANT LOWWWWWWWWWWW! at the end of the day its a 1ltr so why for handling you never go fast enough for it to need to handle lol
Its because its a lowly 1.0, like mine, that you want it to handle well. What you lose on the straights you can regain in the twisties. My 10 is nippy upto about 50 or so, certainly not fast, but when I'm terrorising so called better cars on roundabouts and through the twisties (on a private test track ;)) it puts a big old smile on my face :D

Its because its a lowly 1.0, like mine, that you want it to handle well. What you lose on the straights you can regain in the twisties. My 10 is nippy upto about 50 or so, certainly not fast, but when I'm terrorising so called better cars on roundabouts and through the twisties (on a private test track ;)) it puts a big old smile on my face :D

where the hell did you find a race track with a roundabout in it?....lol

skymera said:
But he's not racing in the F1000

No he probably isn't but he did say....

Aaron bell said:
at the end of the day its a 1ltr so why for handling you never go fast enough for it to need to handle lol

I'd much rather have a car that is slow but handles great than a fast car that doesn't

I'd def say coilovers improve handling a great deal from standard but if you want a decent handling setup then you'll need to look into decent shock/springs, ARBs etc..

You can improve the handling greatly just by renewing the bushes, new shocks and 35mm springs. You dont need to spend a fortune, even properly modified corsa coilies will improve handling

trust me, coilovers arent the be all and end all of handling...

my mr2 is a sweet handling car, but i can guarantee that even on its very expensive HSD coilovers and huge tyres that my old micra would out corner it.

Coilovers are going into it! But the springs were took out the front and was running on the shocks :p and back had bora lowering springs cut in half in the back :p and talk about being scared hahaha boncey wouldn't be in it really nasty to drive haha it sky high now again but lol

Back