My GX's MOT was expired last friday. Please help.

Hi guys i haven't been here for almost two weeks now. I am just wondering if everyone are ok?

Anyway, I decided to keep my gx until next year so that is why i want to sort this mot. I got problems with this gx so i will list my problems on here. Please can anyone help me out asap? I haven't book it yet but i need to know what can i do with these problems before i book for new mot.

- My Key was snapped so the bit is inside in driver side lock so how can i remove this bit? I am going to get new program key today.

- My drive shafts and cv joints are wreck so i need to get two complete drive shafts. does anyone know where can i get two?

- My temperature gauge's needle stay in low since two months now. the heat is good hot so i got a spare speedo so i will swap over. if not working then i will need to change new coolant/temperature sensor.

My engine is good but it was increased from 69k to 108k now. (its under two years now.) Do i need to change new head gasket/ sealant/ skimmed cos i don't want to get overheating/ head gasket blown in the future.

I still need to change new battery, water pump and alternator belt and new two brake cylinders.

Thank you

JK

Sounds like a lot of work for an MOT in a Micra... The good news if your's isnt rusted too bad.

The CV axles and boots are simple to do. I looked it up on YouTube and honestly its probably one of the easiest axles jobs Ive ever done. I dont think you need to change the headgasket and everything else as long as you are servicing it on a regular basis. If you can, look in a scrappy for the brake cylinders (if yours are bad) and take a day to do all the work at one time.

Good luck!

I'd get 2 drive shafts from a scrapyard. They're 1 complete unit already and will be good to go

The key problem you have.. you can take the lock out of the door and get the snapped key out that way

My mot is pass so it's sorted it. They didn't notice about knocking noises. I will get second hand driveshafts soon. I got a new key from timpsons so it was £35.

Anyway I need to take this snap key out of this lock. I need to change new battery, belts, water pump and also full service.

Thanks guys

Jk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back