My first bump... (front bumper sagging)

I had my first bump yesterday, into the back of a (surprisingly) very nice white van man. No damage to him but my front panel/bumper is sagging a little bit. At first I couldn't notice anything but on inspection this morning I noticed that I could lift the panel up an inch or so.

Has this happened to anyone before? I need to drive another hour today, mainly on A roads and want to know that it will last the trip.

Oh and as I was parking today, scraped the side of my car against the underground parking column. Loads of yellow paint. I'm lucky that there's no dent.

If bad luck* comes in threes I wonder what the next thing will be.

:oops:

*my stupidity

I had my first bump yesterday, into the back of a (surprisingly) very nice white van man. No damage to him but my front panel/bumper is sagging a little bit. At first I couldn't notice anything but on inspection this morning I noticed that I could lift the panel up an inch or so.
silly sausage....as long as you're okay....a little scrape can usually be fixed ;)

my mums front bumper is missing one of it's securing clips...and sort f doesn't fit on right...but it's been like it for months
as long as the other fixings are present and correct it should be fine...I mean if you pulled it....would it just come off?... o_O
I'm sure it'll be fine for a while...unless it's hanging far enough to scrape on the floor/catch on the wheel? :oops:

...get to a scrap yard at some point and grab a fixing screw off a breaker ;)
...to sort it properly you'll need to get the arch liner out so you can get to the inside of the bumper and fix it back to the plate that comes off the frame ;)
(that's why mums hasn't been sorted yet, she uses it everyday and we don't have the time to get the wheel off and arch liner out :rolleyes:)

Good luck....and drive safe :p

EDIT: if it's hanging because the fixing point (not just the screw) is gone you may need a new bumper, but you can pick them up these days for only £30-£50 :)

Hi Jen,

Thanks so much you've made me feel so much better!

My colleague and I went to have a look and we lifted up the bonnet and noticed that the plastic guards in front of the indicator lights (don't know the real term for them) had popped out. So we popped them back in (the one in front of the passenger side is missing a plastic screw at the top but I'm assuming this is minor) and now it looks absolutely fine. I still feel like I can lift the bumper up, but it's no danger of being close to the ground and you wouldn't notice anything was out of the ordinary.

Will definitely get it checked out just in case, luckily I don't need it every day and I'm due to replace my tyres. And if your Mum's has lasted then I have every faith in Emerald (what I call her).

Thanks again!

Back