My first MOT

J

jesskatk11

Its nearly a year since i passed my test and since i bought my micra. its 6 year old but i had my first MOT on it today since i bought it and OMG it passed im very pleased. The only minor thing was that my front brake pads are a bit worn and some rear cylinders are leaking a bit which i think had something to do with the brakes (any help what that means guys or where my cylinders are?) and shouldnt be too much of a problem as i dont do much milage in it.

but im so pleased i had to share my happiness. Its a very expensive month so far with MOT, service, road tax, insurance due,breakdown cover.

As my dad said this truly is the world of motoring. im such a newbie :rolleyes:

Hi Jess
I'm a newbie too - and also finding it rather expensive as I havent got tools/knowledge to fix cars myself!
Dont know who you use for insurance/breakdown cover, but its worth trying Quinn-Direct insurance and Gem Motoring Assist for breakdown - both were about half the price of anything else.
Cath

Engsliegh are good when it comes to declaring mods... ive heard nothing but bad things about Quinn-Direct though

james betley said:
yr cylinders r in the brake drum with yr brake shoes they r attached 2 geter

Ah great, thanks. I hadnt a clue but no i now cheers. i went to the garage which was shut and they leave my keys with the petrol station next door. poor sales advisor gave me my car key back and didnt mention bill for MOT/Service. there was a 10 second silence but my good side kicked in so i asked about the bill. 'Oh yeah' he said and then charged me.

I already bought ins/brk down cover with tesco. Theyre cheapest for me but not that much cheaper than my first year, Il have to bear those others in mind when i come to renew it. it pricey this car malarky.

Back