• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My 2nd K11

Hi all,

Thought I would start a thread about my second Micra. This is my last one bought for £175, rusty as and with a knackered clutch. Sorted it all out cleaned it up and it was a good fun little car. Sold it on after a while as it wasn't getting used.

photo-15.jpg

photo-16.jpg

So I picked this up yesterday. 1 months tax and test £200 1.3 LX it goes well mutch better than the 1.0. Needs a good service and welding as they all do. Only to the rear sills as they haven't been touched before and one hell of a good clean and polish. Anyway some photos.

CD5F2F4D-E0AE-48F5-8FDA-ACB38066AB0D_zpsitnoccx9.jpg

7BF85A3B-B2F8-408D-8745-02A62D8B3934_zpseaq6xjzm.jpg

C257767F-8902-4362-9DDC-0B77577BEF6F_zpsras942h3.jpg

DD74ADC1-1C62-4BC0-A308-39229CBE68A3_zpse06awjue.jpg

CD0ECACF-95AB-421C-BB9A-B92E4FC565E1_zpsuxiyq0dj.jpg

609716C1-037D-49E6-81FD-A83587997465_zps9o1wtoky.jpg

33D66CA9-EC03-43AF-A824-59B0123C7288_zpscbqcp68i.jpg

A few areas that need attention. Laquer peel on the n/s rear quarter, dint in boot lip and the usual door handles locks windows etc that need a bit of fettling.

Oh yeah and this.

3342F6C8-0518-4612-9714-375C469F4DD0_zpsgx3sr83t.jpg

Lovely cracked manifold.

Plans are to tidy it up get a new ticket and either use and abuse it or move it on. I enjoy working on these little motors and I'm actually looking forward to breaking out the welds stick again.

Fair enough lol.

Really could do with tracking down an exhaust manifold due to the crack in this one. Where's the best place to source one you reckon?

Maybe scrappy's, but I'd consider a 4 branch. I'd have some new studs handy for the ones that snap/wind off because the nuts won't budge :)

Good point. But a 4 branch would cost as much as the car. New studs will be to hand. There are a couple on eBay at the minute. Thought about trying JB weld not sure how it will hold up.

Good point. But a 4 branch would cost as much as the car. New studs will be to hand. There are a couple on eBay at the minute. Thought about trying JB weld not sure how it will hold up.
@Azzydot lives near you and has a Tig welder, you could tig that up quite easily i think, might be worth dropping him a pm

Right first problems tackled this morning. The brake warning light was on so I checked and adjusted the handbrake and cleaned the switch, this didn't cure it so I bled the brakes through with ATE super blue racing fluid (all I had to hand) and it's cured the problem.

So then I moved on to flushing and replacing the coolant which I have done, will probably have to have another go at bleeding the system as I didn't have time to wait for the fan to kick in, but it will be better than before.

How long should the fan take to kick in?

Topped up the oil as this was pretty empty, not registering on the dip. Will get a full change when I have the filters.

Didn't manage to start on the manifold as I didn't have a deep enough 6 sided 12mm socket and want to give the nuts and studs there best chance at coming off.

Bit of welding some new exhaust bits and a couple of part worn tyres should see it through another year or two!

Yeah it was running for longer than that! i may have to disconnect the battery for a while to reset the ECU to see if that works?

Actually i should check the fan works first lol

Small update, today I received a new exhaust manifold for the micra, when we have moved house in a couple of weeks i will get back on with getting this thing MOT'd might just need a few more bit of exhaust, tyres and weld up the sills.

Back