mph - gears

Anto Modded

Ex. Club Member
Just out of me messing one night i got 50mph out of 2nd and 90mh out of 4th from a 1.ol I didnt realise they could go that good. will i damage the engine. Also what kind of speeds have you got out of gears. This aint a contest btw........... just curious

Well I know my 1st Limits at 30, 2nd at 55-60, not tried the others!!! I wouldn't be able 2 hit limit in 3rd 4th or 5th as that would envolve breaking the speed limit on public roads!!! ANd i would never dream of doing such a thing!!!

30 mph in 1st gear? that must do some damage to the engine?! think the most i would have the guts to go up to in 1st is bout 20ish..

Its hitting the limiter - which is limiting the revs from going too high to damage the engine, obviously throo time its gonna ruin the engine as harsh driving ruins everything if you see what i mean. Doing it once or twice wont do it any damage...next time you are at a track day or something, listen to the cars as they come out of a hairpin onto a straight - they regularly hit the limiter then short shift.

Daz

Well the one of the best engines iv ever found. they can take some punishment. I had a 1.1 fiesta before and it was dead. try to drive it hard and you were always topping up with oil. The micra use's no oil i find when driving it hard.

i think its fine as long as you know when to change gear (just b4 the limiter kicks in) and that you look after your car well.

just dont do it everytime like you're on a mission, just chill, use it when you need it. :laugh:

i would have thought nissan engines are quite capable of punishment.

tse_adam said:
i would have thought nissan engines are quite capable of punishment.

Yeh they are because they are quality built, but Rednecks were capable of punishment and quite tough, but the older they get the more slower and fragile they get lol

Harsh use of anything is going to lower its lifespan aint it, its common sense really.

Daz

my car is now on 106000 miles and since 74 when i got it, its had some harsh driving and now seems not to pick up as quick. still got lots of gogo tho

Back