mpg what is average

on £10-£15 im gettin around 100-120 miles is this good or bad? also the price of fuel is 114.9 (as you all now)lol i have given it new plugs, leads, rotor, cap, fuel and air filter.... im going to be giving it a oil change and filter too...... its a 1.0lt m reg k11

whatr you guys think

That's pretty good actually. I'm getting about 170-200 from 20 litres but that's with town driving in my 1.3. However, I got 42mpg average (330 miles~) from 35 litres last month which I think isn't all that bad on the motorway.

Seems mine isn't built for pottering through town to work and back because the needle hardly moves on motorway trips each week. fwn

If I drive my 160 enthusiastically, I get about 41 mpg. I'm currently skint and driving it like a muesli eating earth hippy and getting 44.3 mpg :).

That's good economy. I get typically 43-47mpg on petrol from my standard 1.3 GX and around 37-41mpg, (something like that), when running on LPG.....unless I REALLY drive like an OAP. My modified 1.3 SS does around 35-37mpg on cruise. On throttle it's much much lower, circa 20mpg average, (even less on track).........so you're doing well :p

Funnily enough the 1348 seems to be a bit more ecconomical than the 1275, we get about 8 to 9mpg. An average tar single venue is 60 ish miles, and for that we'll take 3 20 litre Jerry cans. I reckon we do about 60 miles out of £40 of Momentum.

400+? Is that petrol light to brimmed back to petrol light? :eek:
That's pretty good whichever engine you have. Got 330 back to petrol light in my 1.3 doing a long motorway trip last month not going above 80. Interested to see how the CGA3DE and CG10DE compares now.

I haven't a clue what i get out of mine, although sometimes i drive around town in 5th, micra doesn't break a sweat and lasts a life time when i do that lol.

petrols 112.9 down in a local shell garage, although i think my folks put petrol from tesco in it (Poss 120.0?)

I'm curious to know how much MPG the cg10 is capable of though hehe.

Hey, guys

I'm getting 32mpg. It's 1L automatic with 195/45/15 new tires... I believe it's that what I should expect :doh:

Remember, fuel injected engines stop fuelling when in gear and moving*. If you need to slow down on a motorway or going downhill, just take your foot off the accelerator. Also, when braking to a stop at lights or a junction, leave it in gear 'til the revs drop to 1,100 or 1,200 revs before dipping the clutch. That's the sort of hippy driving that gets mine up to 44+ mpg :).

*Source: Honest John, the Telegraph's motoring bloke :).

200 miles dead from just over half a tank of brisk driving...i'll run it right down and see what it can manage....

Back