MPG Improving!

Sky Insurance

Official MSC Trader
Sorry, another boring MPG thread.. but I am happy to report that I managed 400 miles out of the last tank in my Super S.. also when I went up to Mallory Park and back I managed 195 miles on EXACTLY £20 of fuel.. I'm pretty damn happy with that, standard supermarket unleaded as well. The long motorway journey has really done it some good, runs smoother than ever and even seemed to clear a flat spot as well.

I am driving it like miss daisy though, I haven't got above 70mph for that sort of fuel return!

Is anyone seeing this sort of mleage from a tank of fuel in a 1.3??

Cheers,

Ollie

Yes, in a 1.3 GX which is essentially the same except minor body changes and 155 profile tyres instead. Managed to get approximately 420miles to a tank before bottling out after spending a fair amount of time with the fuel light on......figures were posted somewhere on here a while back but I cannot fine them now.

After filling up the car and working out mileage in terms of fill up it worked to be around the 51mpg mark.

did 550miles on £50 is thats any use. :grinning: when i went to scotland. (200 miles there and back and other driving up there)

1.0 k11 with zoorst, and revvage. not bad aye?

Impressive figures from all then! I was over the moon to see 400 miles from a tank.. which was £47 from memory. Considering my MR2 does about 150 miles from a tank (£50+ a fiill up) , I'm pretty happy with my Micra at the moment! I thought I'd share the joy! ha ha

Ollie

err.... i get like 300 odd miles from a tank... but i prefer to be rev happy and lose a little MPG! (Y)

err.... i get like 300 odd miles from a tank... but i prefer to be rev happy and lose a little MPG! (Y)

Me too, dont get me wrong.. What I usually do is a full tank and drive like a grandad and then fill up £15 and drive a little 'enthusiastically'. I have another car for fun times! It's is actually quite good fun eeking out the mileage and fuel saving.. I look at it as a challange.. or am I getting old?! :suspect:

I managed to get 470miles of a full tank recently. that's town and main roads driving...
I really make a big use of that rev counter I got recently...dont go over the 2500-2600 revs.
NOT BAD,a

Back