MP3 player question

tse_adam

Micra Attitude
to all you computer wizards out there,

basically i have lots of real player format (rvmb) videos on computer i would like to watch while travelling etc. and i am looking for a MP3 or portable video player which can play these videos on the move.

i do like the apple itouch very much but as far as i know they dont play these formats, any ideas?

or is there a way where i can make these videos into another format?:wasntme:

if someone could think of a way to work round the itouch then it would be fantastic as i would just love one of those! :upside:

tse_adam........hopefully this doesnt sound rude as im only tying to help but would it be possible for one of these files your trying to convert as long as they are not to big? as i have a few video converters, but none of that media type!!! and ill see what i can do!?

cheers

sorry mate i cant quite understand your post, did you want me to send you a real player file so you could try convert for me or you're advising me to convert my files to play on the apple itouch?

i have literally thousands of them, all tv series, at around 100mb each so i think getting a compatiable player would be more time effective.

any thoughts guys?

my apologies for confusing post bud!
would it be possible for the smallest "RealMedia Variable Bitrate" file you have please and i will try converting it!

video ipods, archos media units, samsung video players......these are all good MP4 / avi / mpeg compatable portable players!!!???

although once i have found a converter that registers RMVB files then its your choice what to convert them at!!

either try uploading here if small and MSC upload sizes coincide with this if not ill pm you my email mate!

naps

unfortunately they are all over 100mb each, it would be difficult to send it over. however thanks for your help.

so i have to find a converter which converts rmvb files into mp4 or other compatiable format, anyone got any good recommendations? i have a feeling that i might have to buy this piece of software as most softwares i can find are 'free to try' only which means i am only able to convert one small file. :(

i am looking at itouch and archos, but i have doubt about archos as a company and its products. just how good are they?

i dont know if i have read it right, according to the thread nero 7 can burn rmvb files straight onto a dvd to play on most dvd players. but i am trying to find a way to convert them so they could be played on portable devices such as ipod touch or archos.

can nero 7 do that as well?

Back