moving battery

R

RIK

into the boot, what do i need and how much is it going to cost me?fuses? where do i need them? what size cable?type of connectors?

i know batteries need to be vented,,but i think you can buy sealed ones now,,but im not sure

i want some free space in the engine bay for a new air filter imo will be better away from heat

the standard air box is the worst design ever,and is tiny and has tiny cold air feed,that goes above the engine and get warm very easy, i wil get pics up tomorow of the engine bay to show how much space i have/dont have

and yeah i have searched

found a pic :D the red is the cold air feed pipe the yellow is the filter,and the blue is all the space i will have to play with if i move the battery,, for all those that didnt know that allready :D

Attachments

• enginek12t.JPG
    enginek12t.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 258
cant remember what gauge. just go into an auto electrical place and they will tell you how think you will need. secure your battery in your boot. run a power cable from there into your engine bay for all your electrical stuff (with a fuse in, again ask you auto electrical place) . Then when thats done have a earth wire from the negative terminal to your body (make sure you sand the paint off first, paint isnt a good conductor) then your done.

that air box is the same as the 1.5d micras maybe search for a induction kit for a diesel micra if they make them yet

Fordy said:
that air box is the same as the 1.5d micras maybe search for a induction kit for a diesel micra if they make them yet

i thought they was released around the same time?

plus just replacing the air box,i wouldnt be able to get a good cold air feed to it

Aye but 59 yours is the K11, the K12 is diffrent. Doubt it will re-set though but who knows.

Man - Jump onto Micra holcs as Raceworks has made a guide on how to do it on the K11, jst follow the same steps really.

My car wouldnt start when i disconnected my battery. was a right pain in the arse. Got dad to sort it tho, lol!

If you find someone breaking an R33 Skyline (could try AndyZ on gtr.co.uk) then you might get the battery cable off them for reasonable money. Going to be plenty long enough! lol

Back