BATTERY REPLACEMENT!

HI ALL

ive got a 53 reg nissan micra 1.2 auto s, the battery is dead, brought a new one, was going to replace it but worried about killing the radio (although i do have the code but dont know how you put it in either) and problems with the immobiliser, do i need one of those units you plug into the cigarette lighter to keep a small charge going while i remove the battery?

any help or advice would be great

Thanks trev

HI ALL

ive got a 53 reg nissan micra 1.2 auto s, the battery is dead, brought a new one, was going to replace it but worried about killing the radio (although i do have the code but dont know how you put it in either) and problems with the immobiliser, do i need one of those units you plug into the cigarette lighter to keep a small charge going while i remove the battery?

any help or advice would be great

Thanks trev

I've done mine and the biggest headache I had was trying to find a socket extension long enough to fit down into the bloody car (stupid battery holder design!), you'll loose the clock, your trips, and I don't know about the radio as I've got an aftermarket one in mine. But otherwise when I whacked the new one in, everything fired up just fine when I turned the key. No immobiliser problems at all! That's actually one of the handy things about not having an alarm system, when I did the same thing in my K11 the bloody thing went off and wouldn't stop, ended up having to use the immobiliser key to disable the whole damn system!

Back