Mounting Neons

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
Whats the best way to mount neons?

Have loadsa clamps and screws but am unsure about drilling into the car so help and advice is much appreciated?

NOTE - I do not wish to hear people opinons on undercar neons such as "best to mount them in the bin" etc cause I'm gonna fit them no matter what

Cheers

I used a drill to mount them under the car, but i went thru about 4 drill bits as its tough going, they just kept snapping.

Make sure they are on good n proper tho....

I used a drill to mount them under the car, but i went thru about 4 drill bits as its tough going, they just kept snapping.

Make sure they are on good n proper tho....

mount them anywhere which is suitable.ie will not damage car,through brake lines and fuel tank! and mount them so you can only see the glow and not the tubes.:cool:

Craigd - please read the note in my first post!

Swallow - outstanding help there! Question was about how to mount them!

Sorry if these comments seem bit harsh but sometimes people just reply without reading the posts properly

What screws do they come with? You will most likely have to drill through the floorpan so the carpet will prob need to come up and maybe a bit of sealant?

i have no idea goldstar but take heed of Neils advice coz his dancing neons looked kool at the meet, make sure you cant see the tube, i was thinking that if you drill through the floor and bolt from the other side but then would stick out under your feet but post some pics when done. Everyone knows my opinions on them on micras but seeing Neils did make me contemplate, maybes in the future

I've heard so many opinions on neons and have found myself going through "phases" for neons, probably will get rid one day!

Plan is to hide front one near newly fitted splitter, sides are gonna need skirts and rear am looking at!

these can be mounted a few seperate ways.

firstly you WILL need skirts for the sides. ans then tuck the tubes under as far as possble. you can simply make a bracket that will then be welded or screwed into the SILL. then this way u can angle the bracket (and in turn the tubes) to give you the best effect without the tubes being seen. the front will be tucked up to the bumper again behind the splitter and can be simple made the same way but screwed to the behinds of the bumper. the rear can also be tucked up along side the spare wheel well but will need to be strong enough o still give good eough glow. otherwise simply make a braket to fit to the back splash panel on the rear of the car (behind the bumpe that again will be hidden behind the bumper but directed via the brakcet to the correct angle

wayne

Back