Mot time

Yes, the dreaded MOT has raised its head, I didn't realise it was overdue until I found the little blue sticker in the glove box yesterday, I'm hoping it'll go through ok, it can't really fail on ball joints or CVs coz they were changed this week after the crash along with the rear axle and brakes, I'm just a little concerned about the condition of the sills coz they're a bit flaky.

failed ! :down: rear center seatbelt latch inoperative, oh yes it does if you dont try to put it in upside down, number plate light blown, leaking rear shocker, the berk cant tell the difference between the brake fluid that squirted onto the shock from oil, power steering leaking from a connection or joint which turned out to be oil leaking from the cam chain cover, jagget rust on the nearside door (fixed lovingly with the finest Gaffer tape) and finally I'd forgotten to put the split pins on the bottom ball joints in when I changed them. All fixed now though and booked in for its retest tomorrow at 12.30.

MOT's can be a complete git...
mind you my micra had hers a few days ago and just needed a bulb for the numberplate light :)
first car i have ever had that hasnt needed like £300+ work done on it to pass. yay for micra...
plus its the first car i have ever bothered getting its 6th month service-i think it helps majorly!

Well it failed the retest, the numberplate light bulb I put in wouldn't come on during the test, and the rear lights flicker slightly when the hazards are turned on, what a bummer, that means I've got to fork out £44 for another MOT as well as finding the cause of the lighting problems. :mad:

cheers Phil, the contacts on the front sidelights and indicators are a bit dirty as well, plus they appear to be packed with some sort of grease, should they be ?

Goto local electrical store and buy some contact cleaner, spray them push contacts in and out to work them a bit, spray them again, then wipe it off. Should be much better then.

Also, check your earth points too!

Back