MOT failure

W

Wil

Failed my MOT today due to corroded rear NS brake pipe from the bias valve unit to drum. I thought I'll have a look at it myelf this evening and it was'nt that bad. I used a wire brush to clean most of it off, and to be honest I personally do not think it's a failure as all the other pipes are in a similar condition. They wanted £70 plus VAT to sort it out, what do you guys think, shall I take it back to dispute it?

if they pointed out only that area,,and the rest of the lines are the same,ide take it back and ask

they have the final word so no point having a go at them tho,,,good luck

did the car fail on anything else or just that one thing, i know from experience that if it only fails on one thing then it is likely to be something that needs doing but if it has failed on a few things then they prob would have just been picky and listed loads of things as it dont matter how many things they listed you have failed any way, plus the more things they list then they are prob looking for work, if just one thing then they wont be looking for work..

but as already said speak to them and they will prob show you the problem!

The only other failure was a number plate bulb which I've sorted anyway.
I've decided to take it back tommorrow to dispute it and have a second opinion on the brake pipe.

Back