MOT failure, what you reckon?

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
At present my plan was to drive my SLX whilst working to leisure on SuperS but the SLX has failed more or MOT than I thought it would.

NSF wheel bearings to excess play
NSR + OSR brake pipes corroded to excess
NS + OS inner sills corroded to excess

Do I wanna sell car as is (how much)
or
Repair (would it be worth as want to sell later)
or
Strip it for parts as it's had a new front end (easy to get off again), bonnet and boot would use to mod etc etc
or
This is a strange one, was offered a swop for S reg Fiat Bravo or Brava (gotta double check), I told the person it failed MOT, she said she would like a 5dr micra as has kids.

The SuperS has MOT but is in bits as it's easier for me to work on so would like a car to drive instead.

Opinions and advice please
Thanks

I heared about this off Kristian today.

Was you quoted something like £200 to have all of the work carried out? If so, it's a good deal for all 3 to be sorted... so I would be inclined to do it.

You could always just get a NSF hub off a scrapper... but check that there is no play in it first.

The brake pipes would have to be made up with copper pipes... and obviously the plates welded on for the sills. Personally if you were quoted £200 for all of the work to be done, it is a very good deal... and at the end of the day, the car is worth more with an MOT.

-Elliot

my cousin got a bravo dont touch his is falling apart so far hes had problems with the radiator, head gasket needed replacing, exhaust went n lots of other small things that has cost him more than the cars worth (think they got voted the worse car ever lol)

I would have thought it would affected the value a lot more. I dont think you could sell it for 700, i would say about 500 tops. if you can get it done for 200 I would personally do it, you can sell it for then 700 then...

I would have thought it would affected the value a lot more. I dont think you could sell it for 700, i would say about 500 tops. if you can get it done for 200 I would personally do it, you can sell it for then 700 then...

Zephyr said:
my cousin got a bravo dont touch his is falling apart so far hes had problems with the radiator, head gasket needed replacing, exhaust went n lots of other small things that has cost him more than the cars worth (think they got voted the worse car ever lol)

ditto, except id like to add "clutch cable" in there too... and mention head gasket again, because it deserves it!

Back