more questions

Just a couple of questions, my induction kit is knackered and i was going to get a hks one am i right in thinking that starlet turbo ones fit?
also i might be needing a new turbo as the previous owner mucked around with the wastegate, anyone know where i might be able to find one or how much thay are roughtly?

Just a couple of questions, my induction kit is knackered and i was going to get a hks one am i right in thinking that starlet turbo ones fit?
also i might be needing a new turbo as the previous owner mucked around with the wastegate, anyone know where i might be able to find one or how much thay are roughtly?

Starlet one's have to be modifyed and get the turbo reconditioned, good lad ,could be buying someone elses problem

on the eternal list of things that 'could' need fixing i was wondering how hard it would be to stick a later model (And easier to find..) turbo on the car

like a t28 or something, haven't researched whats got similar flow rates and sizes etc but could be worth having the ease of just being able to grab one from a wrecked silvia or whatever

on the eternal list of things that 'could' need fixing i was wondering how hard it would be to stick a later model (And easier to find..) turbo on the car

like a t28 or something, haven't researched whats got similar flow rates and sizes etc but could be worth having the ease of just being able to grab one from a wrecked silvia or whatever

T28 looks good but far to big

T25? the h10 is kinda big anyway isn't it? i wonder whats a comparable size

ball bearing would be nice too, can't hurt

thanks for that guys

So what you gona do?

Ball bearing would be the job.you can get away with the ht10 cause of the blower t28 is over kill on an ma09 imo.you'd hav 2raise the rev limit aswell to get the most out of it.

im going to get a couple of quotes on having mine rebuilt, but i might look into getting a t25 as they are very easy to get hold of, would i need to do anything with the injectors to run a t25?

im going to get a couple of quotes on having mine rebuilt, but i might look into getting a t25 as they are very easy to get hold of, would i need to do anything with the injectors to run a t25?

Would'nt fit directly on.No you would'nt have to change the injectors but the car won't make any more power unless you have supporting mods.Like do you even no what boost you want to run .the ht10 is good for 1.2bar and quick spooling

I dont think il ever be running past 1 bar, i was planning to make the car as light as possible so i dont need to go mental on the engine. I would be happy pushing 120-130bhp from the engine

I dont think il ever be running past 1 bar, i was planning to make the car as light as possible so i dont need to go mental on the engine. I would be happy pushing 120-130bhp from the engine

Get on to Ed about a remap the car will easily make that with the rebuilt Ht10 and setup you have

I have a GT28R on my ST and its way overkill for normal use. (I got it with the future in mind.) It doesn't make full boost until 5300 rpm due to such a high boost threshold (what you would call lag, but that's incorrect technically)

HT10 is comparable with a stock T2 unit. Even really a T25 is a bit big for stock on ST.

I made an adaptor plate for my manifold to convert it to a T2 flange.

As for air filters. I use a K&N gti-r kit and re-drill the adaptor plate, its then pretty much a direct fit.

Ed

Back