Just 2 newbie questions

T

TheNutter

OK, I'm in the market for a K11 but want to kknow the answer to couple of questions (I have searched only to get hundreds of returns which I have waded through without gaining the answers I'm after).

1. How long do the 1.0 and 1.3 engines last respectively? I'm after a K11 for as a pet project (turbo, emanage and all that lot) but I need to know if I'm better off buying a car and ditching the engine straight away for a recon or rebuilt one - given that the timing chain might be tired anyway.

2. Is it possible (and straight forward) to fit a pre-facelift front to a post-facelift front? I simply prefer the original bubble look - not the big eye facelift (but it's easier to find a K11 with AC in post-facelift form).

Appreciate any help. Thanks.

The engines can last for ages if they have been looked after well.

It is possible to change the front end. It requires, bonnet, wings, bumper, grill, headlights and the bonnet realise catch changed.

as said the engines last for ages if looked after and easily see six figure mileage.

if you planning a turbo project you might have problems with the exhaust manifold and air-con unit been in the way.

Back