Monster and Forums

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Must say cisco, the Blue Monster is looking very very sweet. That plush back 'van tray' looks nice. Wheels look brilliant and that battery placement (little dodgy from battery gases) pretty good! Very envious! :D

Forums look just as sweet. Perhaps the edit function will help in writing good How-tos and guides! Woot!
Thanks 4 all uve done :)

CMF_rlees85

» CMF Member
Toma WROTE:

"Must say cisco, the Blue Monster is looking very very sweet. That plush back 'van tray' looks nice. Wheels look brilliant and that battery placement (little dodgy from battery gases) pretty good! Very envious! :D<BR><BR>Forums look just as sweet. Perhaps the edit function will help in writing good How-tos and guides! Woot!<BR>Thanks 4 all uve done :)

lol

sorry had to do that ;)

i havnt been on here in a good while really but i really like the changes cisco, im guessing you've coded this thing yourself? if so thats pretty impressive!

cisco

» CMF Member
Thanks a lot guys, once again! Nice comments.

Glad you can get a benefit from using something a little bit nicer than it was. To me, its really like "gee the site was pretty bad for a long time, now its how it should be" hehe. Well that's what I think anyway. These are some pretty standard useful forum features that I think we needed for a long time.

Glad the reply thing under the thread is working. Luckily that only took 2 seconds to do. The way the reply page was previously written was very modular, I just basically slammed it down there as an include and it just worked without any changes being needed at all.

rlees85 WROTE:

"i havnt been on here in a good while really but i really like the changes cisco, im guessing you've coded this thing yourself?
Yeah its all custom code, not any kind of plugin forum or anything rlees85. People always pester me about not just hooking up some common re-usable forum system because then it comes with everything straight out of the box and you simply plug it in and configure etc. I can appreciate the convenience and time-saving in doing that, but those kind of forums always just seem to have the same generic feel at every site that uses them. I like the forum to fit in with the site's own individual theme. That way you have complete control and can change things in a flash because you wrote it yourself and understand all the code much more quickly than having to sift through some other customisable thing.. etc.

jamm'n WROTE:

"but...wheres the photos of the monster with the "new" 14" pulsar rims?
Hmm the 14" wheels. Well those are sitting out the back for now. They need some new (cheap) 165 tyres just for kicks. I've blown the modification budget lately, so I need to have a rest and can luckily just drive the car now because it doesn't need any money spent on it to make it go! Yay! But am definately keen to get those on soon just for a laugh and will take some pics for sure. Sound deadening and some extra carpet for the rear interior are the next on my list. Oh and fixing up that terrible intake pipe :)

cisco

» CMF Member
Oh while we're at it.

Just look at White Knight's LEDs go - 5/5 LEDS on both scales - off the scale just like that torque machine that lurks around down in the South.

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
oh and i accidently clicked the "Here down to new thread" thing and I dunno what it did :) maybe have a popup confirmation or something (like what I think delete post has) ..if it does what I think it does

cisco

» CMF Member
micragirl WROTE:

"Clever, very clever Cisco. Well done.<BR>I showed my 20 year old son the pics and specs of Bluey, he said, man, he should be racing it, he'd get heaps of prize money lol :)

Hah cheers. That's funny. I'd be too scared about having a bad crash and having to start from scratch again. I think I'd need some prize money to keep it well maintained and just running well if I was flogging the crappers out of it.. But damn, you never know, imagine just doing that for fun and having some sponsors behind you. Like a really decent body shop, a decent performance mechanic etc. That would be unreal.

aaron WROTE:

"oh and i accidently clicked the "Here down to new thread" thing and I dunno what it did :) maybe have a popup confirmation or something (like what I think delete post has) ..if it does what I think it does

Yeah, that only shows up for moderators (like yourself). It moves all messages from that point in the thread downwards, away into their own new separate thread. Use it like we used to have on the old ASP based original site for when threads get off topic and drag on etc. And also, I haven't coded it yet. So I just put the link there and nothing happens. But that's where its gunna go. Heh.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Well its because I have only 3 weeks to go at work and getting bored.
Next years financial years budgets finished,one staff issue to sort out this Thursday, physical stocktake end of next week and I will walk out of the place with a clean slate.
Oh well boss pleaded with me to stay but did not offer a big pay rise but would have not changed my mind.
Wait till I put new shoes on Whitey also and that will help me keep up with Bluey for the first 5 meters.

CMF_eM

» CMF Member
It looks really good :) I love the reply box at the bottom of every page so you can still see the thread when you're typing. The lil blue lights are cool too. Good Job :)

cisco

» CMF Member
Cheers thesarah!

Attachments

• 16992.jpg
    16992.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 28

cisco

» CMF Member
By the way, the LEDs for "Member since" each represent a year.

So the people with 5 LEDS have been on here for 5 or more years.

No you can't get 6 LEDs hahaha.

CMF_Geoff W

» CMF Member
excellent work Cisco :) I love the new format too.
Speaking of the "member since" LEDS I notice that Jamm'n has only 2 LEDS. I imagine that this is because his previous profile matthious was replaced after the Melbourne Meet Jul 2004, i'm sure he's been around a lot longer than that.
Can you link time since membership via an email address or similar so as to include people's previous profiles too? Just a minor minor observation :)

CMF_jamm'n

» CMF Member
hey Goeff W bush:p,
yeah i have been, but its because i forgot what my (nickname/password) was on here and therefore started a new account.
Hence the shorter "joined" time period.

Attachments

• 17018.jpg
    17018.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 27

cisco

» CMF Member
Hehe there's no complex linking needed.

If people forget their passwords, they can use the forgot password thing.

Possibly that wasn't around 2+ years ago when matthious changed to no jamming. But I am guessing matty's previous account would still be there somewhere in the database. I can simply do a manual conversion to make all his messages and stuff be linked to the original account, and move this new password over to it etc. Will have a look..

Back