Modifying sub frames

B

benmicrasr

Just got some red and black monza bucket seats that tilt and was just wondering how you modify the subframes and how hard is it?I no dusk has done this and a few others like dr zolberg and robbo. Any help appreciated cheers ben

benmicrasr said:
Just got some red and black monza bucket seats that tilt and was just wondering how you modify the subframes and how hard is it?I no dusk has done this and a few others like dr zolberg and robbo. Any help appreciated cheers ben

robbo has my old seats and frames,that my uncle and i modded :D

with the cobra cluban seats we just had to weld two long plates of steel from the front to the back of the frame and drilled four holes for the seat to bolt to pretty simple

thers no right/wrong way to do it aslong as they fit and they are safe,take your frame and seat and work it out with the stuff you have around the house/garage,thats wot we did

oo sorry easiest way is get two lenghts of box section bolt one in to the original holes then drill two more holes where your seats holes are then bolt the seat to you ready made holes.

59 bhp is more than enough said:
it aint the seats that hold you its the seat belts.

wouldnt like my seat to come of its frame wen im in a crash,,,,

true, like it nice and firm ! (thats what she said last night)

can u buy buckets with subframes allready bolted on that just go straight into a micra ?

Cheers for the advice people, gonna have a go at modding the subframes next week some time

Back