Modded

Hello lads,

Got my new micra yesterday, its absolutely mint, and have put a new set of alloys on it, its looking very nice, but i just want to do some small mods to make it look nice and feel nice but i want to keep the original "genuine" look, so may anybody help me along th lines on what slights modifications to do????????

Cheers guys

If you want it to feel like a more modern car without changing the looks, then that's pretty easy. The first thing i always do when i buy a new k10 is to fit all new brake disks, pads, shoes and service the callipers, that certainly makes for effortless braking.
The next most obvious area is the suspention, one of the most popular upgrades for k10's is to replace the shocks with KYB Excel-G (gas) shocks & springs. If you don't have a rear anti roll bar on your model you can reduce roll by fitting an extra set of bumpstops on the rear to reduce suspention travel.

If you want it to feel like a more modern car without changing the looks, then that's pretty easy. The first thing i always do when i buy a new k10 is to fit all new brake disks, pads, shoes and service the callipers, that certainly makes for effortless braking.
The next most obvious area is the suspention, one of the most popular upgrades for k10's is to replace the shocks with KYB Excel-G (gas) shocks & springs. If you don't have a rear anti roll bar on your model you can reduce roll by fitting an extra set of bumpstops on the rear to reduce suspention travel.

Thanks a million porkie700, ok so my plans so far seem quiet idententical to your reply, very helpfull, well first of all, i've purchased myself a set of Monroe shocks, which i had from my old racing k10 which i rolled last year, it was a pure B*tch at the time, but i've a shed full of brand new k10 bits now, shocks, clutch, gaskets, exhaust, manifolds, oil filters, the lot. So tomorrows plan is to fit my new shocks tomorrow and change my carb aswell bcoz the one i have now isnt doing its job (Y).... thanks a million for your reply. Would love to hear from you again

You're welcome dude, wherever there is a mention of something k10 i'll useually be found there lol. Good call on the monroes, i have a set on one of my k10's and they're awesome, it's just hard to find suppliers for monroe.
What is the carb causing the engine to do? It may just be a leaky gasket, which is a problem i had with one of my k10's. It caused the motor to not idle properly & cut out unless you held the throttle down a little bit. I know it's obvious and people are gonna say "well duh" but it's always worth changine the two carb gaskets whenever you remove the carb. They each cost £5 from nissan but they're worth every penny.

Anywho here's the part numbers if you need them;
"Insulator-Carb" 16174-19B00 (Top gasket - between bottom of carb and coolant/spacer plate)
"K GSKT-Throttle Chamber" 16174-19B01 (Bottom gasket - between bottom of coolant/spacer plate and inlet manifold)

Pork pie needs a name change,
ten man, mr k10 etc
you seem to know where to find anything for a k10!

Haha i tried but they won't let me, i've used that alias since 2002. It was a bit of a catchphrase at the time between me and a few friends, the 700 comes from the reg plate of a mini we had in the 90's. Bit of a tribute to it coz it was the best mini we ever had. Standard 998 mini advantage with the goldseal engine, that little rocket would sit off it's clock all day long, we used to #### off a lot of cooper drivers on the way to mini shows because they couldn't catch it lol.
But yeah hands up, i'll admit to being a k10 geek... oops i mean "enthusiast" :laugh:

Haha i tried but they won't let me, i've used that alias since 2002. It was a bit of a catchphrase at the time between me and a few friends, the 700 comes from the reg plate of a mini we had in the 90's. Bit of a tribute to it coz it was the best mini we ever had. Standard 998 mini advantage with the goldseal engine, that little rocket would sit off it's clock all day long, we used to #### off a lot of cooper drivers on the way to mini shows because they couldn't catch it lol.
But yeah hands up, i'll admit to being a k10 geek... oops i mean "enthusiast" :laugh:

Haha cool, goldseal are they the factory replacement engines build by unipart? Or am I thinking of silver seal, not too clued up on minis
Nothing wrong with being a k10 boffin mate, we could do with allot more k10 love tbh

there is a perfect white K10 that comes into work every now and then. Completely standard LS and completely clean. No dings, no rust, i want it!

You're welcome dude, wherever there is a mention of something k10 i'll useually be found there lol. Good call on the monroes, i have a set on one of my k10's and they're awesome, it's just hard to find suppliers for monroe.
What is the carb causing the engine to do? It may just be a leaky gasket, which is a problem i had with one of my k10's. It caused the motor to not idle properly & cut out unless you held the throttle down a little bit. I know it's obvious and people are gonna say "well duh" but it's always worth changine the two carb gaskets whenever you remove the carb. They each cost £5 from nissan but they're worth every penny.

Anywho here's the part numbers if you need them;
"Insulator-Carb" 16174-19B00 (Top gasket - between bottom of carb and coolant/spacer plate)
"K GSKT-Throttle Chamber" 16174-19B01 (Bottom gasket - between bottom of coolant/spacer plate and inlet manifold)

Omg Porkie, i feel like such an ejit, after changing the carb and a couple of hours work, i decided to put a bit of petrol in it, to rule everything out, and guess what it was, too little of petrol lmao,

Back