Modded AirPan for the K10

Courior

Fat ppl r harder 2 kidnap
Upon Registering i found the DIY guides and couldnt resist!!! I saw the one about modding the airpan and thought it looked easy. I bought a spare airpan incase it all went pear shaped and as soon as it arrived started modding.

I drilled the holes, then applied paint stripper, sanded it all down and started spraying. I put it on the car and started her up to relise that now i had a horrible knocking noise! this sounded bad so i cut the engine immediatly. I then saw i forgot the vacume hose and pluged that back up and now it runs sweet as a nut and has a cool induction roar noise!!

I have a couple of questions though. If i make the holes bigger will the roar be louder? and what is the point of the vacume hose that connects to the little thing inside the airbox?

PICS:
Click the pic to make it bigger :)

the thing inside the airbox will allow a slight trickle of air bleed into the vac hose if the ambient tem gets too hot....

Nice air pan

I want somone to so a "starship enterprise" airpan mod next :)

Not too sure on the orange paint. Can't see the point of the mod to be honest, if you wanted an induction kit then why didn't you get a proper one for it! I'm in the process of building a full induction kit to handle the cone style filters, test set works a dream now just got to have the thing made in stainless then work out the piping

Charlotte

Sound, asthetics, customisation & sense of acheivement and self respect ......thats about the size of it....but remember.."beuty is in the eye (or ear) of the beholder".

brin gon the enteprise

hehe I was just looking at some models to see if this is possible, they say things like 1/650 scale...

How big is that?!? How can you scale something that doesnt exist! This would certainly be a challenge. I'll give it a go on the Mongolia car perhaps. :)

This just makes it sound better, or at least it tries to hide the "ford fiesta" sound a bit :p
Other than that, it's completely useless but keeps you busy for some time and you can spend some quality time with your beloved car :love:

But looks good man, better than mine :D

if your micra sounds like a fiesta get somone or you do the tappets can be as much as one beeing slightly too tight as i found out

Its colour coded to the car (had some paint left over from doing the bumpers). I just wanna know (before i wreck my new paint for maybe nothing) will bigger holes give it more induction noise??

PS: the point of doing this mod... .Sammo said it best!
"Sound, asthetics, customisation & sense of acheivement and self respect ......thats about the size of it....but remember.."beuty is in the eye (or ear) of the beholder".

Back