K10 Creaking Doors

Courior

Fat ppl r harder 2 kidnap
Im hoping this is a common prob and has an easy fix..

When accellerating or stopping, or even going over bumps my doors (2door LS) creak like mad!!! if i drive with both door open, the noise stopps immediatly. hmmm. i tried driving with my knee against the door to hold it and it reduced the noise somewhat. The noise seems to be coming from the hinges. its really annoying!!! at first i thought it was the chassis flexing and i had bought a cut 'n shut! but the chassis is stiff like a rock (as stiff as K10's go). does anyone else have this prob?? its it just a case of throwing a load of thick grease at the door hinges?? maybe putting some rubber in the door seal so it puts pressure on the hinge (as my knee did) and this will help??

Thanks in advance all!!!

see if the door has alot of up an down movement/knocking when its open, if it knocks/moves then you need new hinge bushes and possibly new pins and clips

greasing will help abit

when the door is open it moves up and down quite a lot! i think this could be the prob .. some new door pins i think! £3 though. LOL i love K10's so cheap to fix!!!

EDIT:

What part is the hinge bush?

i tend to collect things like this when visiting scrap yards, along with fuses...as they usually just let me have them anyway (depending whos on at the time :))

this is very easy to fix mate you can even remove one pin and replace and repeat so you don't need to take the door off. pulling the pins and whacking some grease one and even swapping the pins would probably help, i.e top pin in the bottom pin place and visa versa.

grease em up mate that'll do it ;) ideally new pins will solve all your problems

Speedle.. excellent advice mate. i got a day off 2moro so will have a go at grease and swapping them over!

Mine started doing the exactly the same thing the other day, really annoying. took me a while but i worked out that its the pin holding the door stopper mechanism together. Its just moving up and down making a creak, a bit of grease should sort it.

Back