Mis-fire problem

Hi all. After a bit of help if possible, my partners 52reg 1.0 K11 is on the blink, and has been for a couple of weeks now (funnily enough since we decided to sell her to get a bigger car for our growing family) the engine management light has come on and it mis-fires only when you initially take off between about 1.5k-2.5k, after that its smooth enough, changed the plugs, even though the old ones looked healthy enough.

Done some research on google, and seen the crank sensor, and dry joints in the MAF sensor are known issues, if we were keeping the car I would of bought a code reader to diagnose the fault, but I don't really want to chuck alot of money at it when I'll only be changing whatever to sell it. Sometimes it will drive fine, but it is getting less and less that happens now. Apparently the EML flashes occasionally (not sure how many flashes) Also the fuel consumption isn't as good as it should be! I'm edging toward it being the crank sensor as with the MAF sensor being disconnected it still plays up the same!

I know without a code its kind of spitting in the wind, but would appreciate some guidence. Thanks

Managed to borrow a friends code reader, and it's showing misfire Cylinder 1, changed the coil pack over to cylinder 2, and sure enough after a run round it threw up misfire Cylinder 2. So coil pack is the issue, thanks for the reply. Time to hunt a working 2nd hand coil pack :)

Back