Nissan Micra K11 1.4 Fire sale

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
Ok heres the deal bought the car from Jim_Bling last monday 9th nov 09. wednesday 11th nov 09 bought a new Mid/Back custom exaust from AAS performance (Newcastle) this monday 16th nov 09 i tried to drive the car to Liverpool, 100 miles it was running fine all of a sudden the engine spluttered. got it towed to manchester where the mechanic said that No.4 Cylinder has no compression and that the crank shaft is most likely gone. He said it would be cheaper and safer to get a new engine block. Problem is I called 5 scrap yard and no one had a k11 1.4 engine to drop in :(

Call Jim (Kenny) who said he'll ask frank if he can get a new engine. Its been 2 days and I've not heard from him and hes not picking up the phone. Sooooooo to cut a long story short. The car is going to be traded in for another car and most likely be scrapped. unless:

1.Someone has/knows how to get a K11 1.4 engine or another engine that would drop straight in (no less than 1.3) then i might consider keeping the project alive.

2. someone want to buy as a whole garage is offering £800 trade-in so I'd want more than that (trade is due for between 26th-30th of Nov ish) The car actually still runs on 3 cylinder clunky you'll be lucky to get it to 50mph on 3rd so would suggest you get it towed

3. people want to make offer any of the parts. Car is in North Manchester so you'll need to come down and strip the parts yourself and replace it with your old part. i.e. If you buy the alloys, I'll need your old wheels to put back on cause I cant trade it in with it propped up on 8 bricks The easiest parts to take off are The 3 front upper/lower struts, rear strut, alloys 5mm spacers. custom mid/end exhaust is really nice and would be a waste if that got scrapped with the car... If anyone wants the parts I'll try and stall the trade in for the 30th.

The 773 rally cams are in its packaging and I think Jim had them in the car for 2 days before taking them out. I'm open to offers on these and will supply pictures if anyone is interested.

car parts are here from Jim's post:

http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=34164

+ don't forget about the brand NEW mid/end Exhaust as the picture below.
http://www.lemon-tea.com/photography/Micra/m1.jpg
http://www.lemon-tea.com/photography/Micra/m2.jpg
http://www.lemon-tea.com/photography/Micra/m3.jpg
http://www.lemon-tea.com/photography/Micra/m4.jpg

m1.jpg

m2.jpg

m3.jpg

m4.jpg

Cheers

McCheung.

jim_bling

Ex. Club Member
you can sell the exhaust that was on as well mate as it was off a turbo car all that was wrong was the down pipe was to small so it needed extending but there is quite a lot on there that can be saved

OP
OP
McCheung

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
I was calling to see if he heard from frank about supplying me an engine that was all. I've just talked to Jim via email already. His phone is nackard.

So please no flaming, all i need is to see if i can get an engine before i trade it in for the other car and give other micra owners a chance to help strip it before it gets traded in.

jim_bling

Ex. Club Member
that wasnt called for olly yea well we spoke via email so if any one wants quality parts get striping it if not then get an engine for him so he can have a great car again this is a shame to see this gettin stripped as its a great car

frank

Club Member
that wasnt called for olly yea well we spoke via email so if any one wants quality parts get striping it if not then get an engine for him so he can have a great car again this is a shame to see this gettin stripped as its a great car

yes it would be crazy to break/scrappage it, its probably only burnt valve fwn

OP
OP
McCheung

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
Must admit Jim it was so much fun till it popped :). If only it was a 1.3 engine i coulda got a dozen of them. Reason for this fire sale its sitting in my mates parents drive as they are on holiday for 2 weeks and i need a ride for work.

anyone with suggestion of engine type that drop straight in so i can see if i can get it from the scrappy?

Cheers

McC

OP
OP
McCheung

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
yes it would be crazy to break/scrappage it, its probably only burnt valve fwn

Hi Frank,

The guy that looked at the car said their was no compression at all. Could it be the valve? Maybe I need a second opinion? prob is its not really driveable to another garage.

OP
OP
McCheung

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
if its not rattling and smoking, then very likely a burnt valve imo, giving no compression (3hr + £10 part)

It makes a loud clunky sound dont think its smoking, but you can smell petrol and the left hand side of the engine is oily. I'll see if i can get a second opinion tomorrow. I finish work early so I'll make a video and post it here tomorrow.

frank

Club Member
It makes a loud clunky sound dont think its smoking, but you can smell petrol and the left hand side of the engine is oily. I'll see if i can get a second opinion tomorrow. I finish work early so I'll make a video and post it here tomorrow.

ooh :eek: maybe thrown a rod then, i think you could fit the 1.4 coilpack head onto a 1.3 block, but thats a fairly big job and not a 100% given :)

OP
OP
McCheung

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
ooh :eek: maybe thrown a rod then, i think you could fit the 1.4 coilpack head onto a 1.3 block, but thats a fairly big job and not a 100% given :)

Thanks for the Advice :) the guy at the garage from what i remembered did say he thinks the crank shaft is shattered and it'll prob cost me £2000 to get it stripped+replaced and theirs no guarantee of it work. Said my best bet is to get the same engine block and he can drop it in for me for a couple of hundred. and even at that he wouldn't guarantee it'll work... Just said I'll get less problems.

Stani1029

Club Member
why dont you take the engine out and have a look, that way you'll know exactly whats wrong with it. realistically you could have that engine out in 3 hours or 40 mins if your frank ;) and stripped within 2 hours easy.

OP
OP
McCheung

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
Ok all 3 struts are sold now.

C0llis0n: you sure about the offer as theirs no struts with it :p

Stani: as for taken engine out and checking it, I wouldn't know where to start. I have the Micra Handbook maybe I'll read that at the weekend :D

C0llis0n

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Ok all 3 struts are sold now.

C0llis0n: you sure about the offer as theirs no struts with it :p

Stani: as for taken engine out and checking it, I wouldn't know where to start. I have the Micra Handbook maybe I'll read that at the weekend :D

Huum wel stop selling things ! :p fine i'll offer you £575 and see what you say :D

I dont want to see this car scrapped as much as the next person

Stani1029

Club Member
the haynes is not much of a help really, you can see everything much better in person. its what i would do and it gets you learning. thats how i started off and now theres not much i cant do lol

OP
OP
McCheung

McCheung

Buy & Sell Member
Sale if now off I'm keeping the car and on Saturday its getting towed and going into heart surgery :) I'm really chuffed that I got a second opinion for a proper mechanic.

I really want to thank everyone for their help and support.

Tom if you still really really really want the struts I'll look at getting them off and sell them to you. Just to honor our agreement :eek:

C0llis0n

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Good luck with it matey. Be sure to pop on the forum every so often to keep us all updated! and thanks for not scrapping it ! :D