Electric Supercharger kits £85

Turborevs

Official MSC Trader
Hi all,

We've got something new we are offering the MSC, our electric supercharger you'll get around 5 BHP more from your car with this kit, more info on it can be found on our website:

http://turborevs.org.uk/engine-tuning/super-charger-kits/electric-supercharger.html

The kit is universal fitament so will fit any petrol or diesel car, we doing a special price of £85 delivered (UK) to MSC members.

Any questions please email us at: [email protected] or [email protected].

To place an order please contact us or send paypal payment to: [email protected] stating item you want (e.g. Electric Supercharger) and delivery address.

thanks
Jav
Turborevs

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
How much extra power will I get?
You will get up 3psi additional boost and between 15 BHP – 20 BHP (depending on the engine size and set up).
First of all I know your a MSC trader, however, have you actually tested this or is that made up? You do realise that its a physical imposibility that you will get any (noticable) boost from a fan that consumes 2.2amps (30watts ish).

johnsams

MICRAPOWER!
Club Member
to be honest i'd rather wire up a small 12v fan and face it towards my air intake than blow that much on this!

have you actually got any evidence of this working on a micra?

Antony

Ex. Club Member
has anyone measured the speed of the air entering the inlet of a car at full throat?

let me tell you of an easy way of testing this fan..

you know the sound you get from your air filter when you floor it? thats air rushing through the filter..........now disconnect your filter and place the fan on the back of it..... run the fan........try and hear the same sound.

you wont, and its simple why........ vacum created by the inlet on a petrol car is huge.... enough to help the brakes work better.....to overcome this vacum and create possotive pressure manufacturers utilise thousands of KJoules of energy turning a turbine at 150,000rpm (usualy one thats twice the size of the throttle body inlet) even at full throttle it takes a good 3-4 seconds for a turbo to spool to full pressure......then you will have arround 3-9 psi on most applications.

do you realy think that a small fan inside the air inlet pipe will exert the same ammount of energy as a turbocharger?? or even come close?

all this will do is ruin your battery, cost you money and slow the incoming air down in the inlet system..

i see no reason why this should ever ever work!

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
has anyone measured the speed of the air entering the inlet of a car at full throat?

Speed is an relevant factor, but mass is more important.. More mass means you can make more power. Speed is simply related the area of the intake pipework, although you do get intake pulse shockwaves which are again related but not the same thing.

let me tell you of an easy way of testing this fan..

you know the sound you get from your air filter when you floor it? thats air rushing through the filter..........now disconnect your filter and place the fan on the back of it..... run the fan........try and hear the same sound.
No comparisons could be drawn from that!

you wont, and its simple why........ vacum created by the inlet on a petrol car is huge....
Not really. You cannot have less than no pressure, infact there is no such thing as a negative pressure! So technically speaking we are all under about 1 bar pressure by the atmosphere above us. The 'vacuum' in an inlet manifold is only a vacuum relative to atmospheric pressure, but under all conditions does have a pressure of its own, just less than atmospheric.

enough to help the brakes work better
Only by means of a servo...

.....to overcome this vacum and create possotive pressure manufacturers utilise thousands of KJoules of energy turning a turbine at 150,000rpm
Many turbos wont spin this fast, and would in most cases be way beyond that of the of the usable service range. In fact a T25 is most efficent between 90-130 thousand RPM.

(usualy one thats twice the size of the throttle body inlet) even at full throttle it takes a good 3-4 seconds for a turbo to spool to full pressure......then you will have arround 3-9 psi on most applications.
Turbos are sized by the flow requirements not throttle body size.

do you realy think that a small fan inside the air inlet pipe will exert the same ammount of energy as a turbocharger?? or even come close?
This is very true.

all this will do is ruin your battery,
30watt load - not likely ;)

cost you money and slow the incoming air down in the inlet system..
Correct!

Come on guys, these have neither been proved nor disproved that they work.

Here we have someone just selling items, and doing so at a reduced rate, and all you lot can do is take the ####.

Sort it out fellas, this isn't the MSC way!!!

Its also not the MSC way to try and endorse or have stuff sold that is in effect nonsense. (I will happily stick one of these on a car and measure intake manifold pressures to show as such) Infact I DID try about 5 years ago some powerfull 40amp fans that made absoutely no noticable difference at all...

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member

i was gonna say, you would really need a roots style charger over a turbine one i think. much easier to create more air flow at lower RPM.

in theory it is possible to make an electric one, but really if you are going to the hassle of a seperate drive system, why not have a 5 horse power lawnmower engine in your boot keeping your turbo charged at all time for instant boost? electric is not the way to go, its only a little bit easier than fitting a turbo really, cos you still have to uprate your fuel delivery etc,

frank

Club Member
ed

yes a supercharger saps a huge amount of power at full chat but a turbine is far more efficient than a compressor, surely the exhaust flow does,nt produce over 20hp ??
a leafblower is more akin to a turbo and with about 2hp shifts a lot of air, admitedly at probably only 2 or 3psi, but if the inlet is always at negative pressure, and a turbo running at that pressure gives a healthy increase
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyR0U_fYtwY

jimmy

Ex. Club Member
Not really. You cannot have less than no pressure, infact there is no such thing as a negative pressure!

negative pressure is just a term to describe a pressure less than that of its surroundings

and it is possible to get negative pressure, negative absolute pressure measures -1 atmosphere and if you use a fluid with a high surface tension its possible to get below that

course all of the is completly irrelavent to the argument and micras.

Oh and i agree, electric supercharges are known the world over to be a scam, same as the resistor chips and the magnets on ya fuel line.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
ed

yes a supercharger saps a huge amount of power at full chat but a turbine is far more efficient than a compressor, surely the exhaust flow does,nt produce over 20hp ??
a leafblower is more akin to a turbo and with about 2hp shifts a lot of air, admitedly at probably only 2 or 3psi, but if the inlet is always at negative pressure, and a turbo running at that pressure gives a healthy increase
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyR0U_fYtwY

There wont be anywhere near 3 psi on a leaf blower, it will be hi volume of air but no real pressure behind it. A typical car engine is probably at best 30-40% efficient. The rest is heat and most of which is through the exhaust. So yes, there is MUCH more than 20bhp of energy wasted in the exhaust, infact more will be lost via exhuast/rad than that which comes from the crankshaft.

As for efficiency, turbos are around 70 ish % efficient, roots chargers 40-60 ish. (from memory) and turbos often have a pressure ratio difference of as much as 3:1 across them. I.e. for 1 bar boost there may be as much as 3 bar back pressure in the turbo manifold of the engine. Which obviously causes alot of potential power loss.

frank

Club Member
ed

but heat does,nt drive a turbo, backpressure surely ?
if the exhaust delivered 20hp of pressure, the tailpipe could move the car by thrust alone :confused:

It's been proved over and over again that these electric fan 'supercharger' actually restrict the volume of air going into your intake, you need serious CFM from a fan to even start matching the movement of air naturally drawn into the engine during induction processes.

File these things with snake oil and power resistors...

OP
OP
T

Turborevs

Official MSC Trader
If you people dont like the item dont buy it! no-one is forcing you.

I'm open to constructive cristism, but if you are going to thrash my thread with rubbish then I just wont bother wasting my time.

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
I have removed many posts from this thread to tidy it up.

I highly doubt you will sell any of this particular line of products through the MSC, Turborevs would you like me to remove this thread?

Thanks
Kev

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
ed

but heat does,nt drive a turbo, backpressure surely ?
if the exhaust delivered 20hp of pressure, the tailpipe could move the car by thrust alone :confused:

No you must look at it as energy, not heat or pressure, since its a combination of them both. The exhaust temp and pressure is much less after the turbo. Heat as energy is not easy to put into practical use, hence why an engine is so inefficient, as most gets wasted.

Ceirwan

Ex. Club Member
Ok lets put it another way.
Have you any proof to substantiate your claims about the +5hp gains...?
I wouldn't buy any performance part unless i knew that it worked, and as i'm dubious that yours would i think its fair to ask for proof. (I.e. Dyno runs before and after, independantly tested by a non affilliated organisation, that sort of thing.)

Robb

Site Supporter
If you want to make your car faster for 85squid there are plenty of more effective things you can do (by effective i mean you actually feel a difference lol).

I recommend lower profile tyres grr