Knocking when on full lock

wilsonian

Ex. Club Member
Earlier this year i slamed my car into a curb causing the tracking to go out. about a week later i had the tracking sorted out and asked them to make sure no other damage has been done. but now (a month later) i'm getting a knocking noise from the passenger side front wheel when i put it to full right lock...

I know this it's a good sound and was wondering what it could be, the CV boot seems fine and so does the wishbone, think it could be a wheel bearing or summat?

i had the same knocking noise i replaced the cv joint and bottom ball joint and ever since its been fine

bugger, i know last oct, when i was doing my cltch i noticed my CV boot had failed but it seemed fine - looks like i'll have to open it up again.

was it a big job replacing the cv and ball joints?

sorry for the late reply!!!

i got my mate to do it for me he only took of the wheel mainly and only took him half an hour if you look on ebay they are selling the cv joints brand new and cheap and the bottom ball joints are roughly £10 from any car shop

well i had a quick look at it the other day and so far it's the pas side CV boot has come off - not split. also i think the ball joint on the drivers side has gone as well.

So i'm going to be a bit busy over easter!

Back