Might be leaving!

Eliot

Ex Super S Owner
My insurance is due 16th Feb (18th birthday) so considering my age and speeding ticket Im looking at £2000 - £3000 and I haven't got the money.

Therefore My car may be up for sale at some point, and I probably wont come on here much then. :(

dont drop out-drop in:grinning:
your right its way cheaper to insure a 1litre ford?,,,or used to be
not happy for you at all.

I take it you have tried all the comparison sites and rung around? tried getting your parents/girlfriend on the policy etc.?
i dont think it should be anywhere near that amount!
also you should have 1 year NCB no?

Cant believe insurance is so damn expensive! That and the constant rising fuel prices are putting me off learning to drive.:(:(

well i have been a good boy. and checking online today my insurance is due to go up by £200. Up not down?
lol like i'm having that, make it cheaper or i'll go elsewhere.
the thing is the companies want your money and some will compete against each other. :grinning:

Yeah tried everywhere, insurance companies don't like young drivers end of, theres not much I can do about it (modifications not declared either!:wasntme:)

So I will definitely be selling the car in February.

insurance seems to be on the rise everywhere :( i was 420 fully comp with my mazda eunos but im 490 with the micra. Same company, same no claims and everything :(
Sucks about your quotes though. You tried footman james and adrian flux. There normally quite good.

Yeah tried everywhere, insurance companies don't like young drivers end of, theres not much I can do about it (modifications not declared either!:wasntme:)

So I will definitely be selling the car in February.

I would do the same but with a kid on the way I need a car

Have you tried being a named driver with your mum or dad as main?

Its getting to a stage that driving a car at a young age is fast becoming unafordable with sky high insurance and the rising cost of petrol

have you thought about not having insurance, the cops only fine you £400 and thats if they catch you, which i think is a much better deal than what insurance companies are offering

How much should I sell it for, £300 ???

The tax runs out at the end of this month but I'm going to tax it for 6 months for whoever buys it. The MOT runs out in November 8th.Its approaching 124000 miles however the engine runs as sweet as a nut

Pictures HERE >>>>>>>>>>http://s859.photobucket.com/albums/ab157/Eliot1718/Sale/

Modifications.

• Frankspeed manifold
  • Janspeed Downpipe
  • Straight pipe rather than backbox
  • Spaced Rear Wheels
  • Almera airbox + K&N panel filter
  • lowered
  • 14"Alloys

Bad Points

1. Patched up rear arch (see pic)
  2. Bumper will need a re-spray
  3. alloys slightly kurbed
  4. 5p size rust patch on passanger floor.
  5. few scrapes and dents
  6. key has snapped in the door

How much should I sell it for, £300 ???

The tax runs out at the end of this month but I'm going to tax it for 6 months for whoever buys it. The MOT runs out in November 8th.Its approaching 124000 miles however the engine runs as sweet as a nut

i,ll vouch for the engine, it flies (Y)

If your serious about selling im looking to buy (Y)

Yeah im deffo looking to sell, Im not sure about the price yet, however I will need to car up to the 16th of feb (when the insurance runs out) Then I want it gone.

In all seriousness try insuring your parents car, so you can build up your no claims

I dont really need a car though, and if I did get caught speeding again there goes my license! so the plan is sell the car and when I come back the points will have cleared and insurance should be lower as Im older etc.

eliot, i had to leave for 2 years before(leave my micra that is) as i hadnt found this site before due to being netless
hope things smooth out for you
basicaly their trying to crash paper money=which means mismanaging global finance=which means rising prices for ever and ever--------you know we used to own gas electric railway then some weirdos sold it ------ back to us--but we already owned it?, good scam in it

keep in touch Eliot,,,,untill your back
could ride shot gun to meets gatherings what-not----just dont give up on us

Went for a good price, suprised you just didn't sorn your car. Mine been sorn'd for 2 years now but I hate that.:down:

Eliot, you can go but you can never leave!
The short time I have had a Micra its in my blood, especially with the help from this forum.
Good luck what ever road your journey takes you.

Went for a good price, suprised you just didn't sorn your car. Mine been sorn'd for 2 years now but I hate that.:down:

It didnt go for that price as they guy didnt show up! grr check the thread out 'name and shame' in general chat for more details.

Back